Packed with juicy berries throughout, these Strawberry Mini Muffins are as pretty as they are delicious. Perfect for breakfast, snacks, or on the go!
A few months ago, my family and I went strawberry picking and ended up coming home with about 15 pounds of fresh strawberries. When we lived in Seattle, we would pick blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries. We would then use most for jam!
Once we moved to Houston, there weren’t nearly the amount of picking farms as before, so we got rid of our jam making tools and moved on.
One afternoon, I was scrolling through Facebook when I saw a post about a local strawberry farm. I immediately wrote down their info and planned an outing with the kids. Little did I realize just how much 15 lbs of strawberries are when you don’t plan on using any for jam, haha!
After making a few smoothies, some strawberry banana bread, and strawberry coffee cake…..I ended up putting the rest into the freezer for a later date!
Check out these other great strawberry recipes:
This past week I decided to clean out my refrigerator and freezer and came across my forgotten strawberries. Not wanting to toss them, I decided to make the kiddos a snack and use them up in mini muffin form. Not only did these come together quickly, but I was able to use up one of my bags (sandwich size).
I had a few mini muffins in the morning with my coffee, while my kids enjoyed these for their afternoon snack!
Strawberry Mini Muffins are the perfect treat for breakfasts, snacks, or on the go! Print the recipe below and be sure to give them a try!
These muffins are moist, have just the right amount of sweetness, and are the perfect treat to enjoy morning, afternoon, or evening!!
1 cup strawberries, diced
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think in the comment section below if you end up trying them!
Strawberry Mini Muffins
- 1 cup strawberries *diced
- 1 cup flour *all purpose
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease/line a mini muffin tray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, combine the vegetable oil, sour cream, vanilla, and egg.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Gently fold in the diced strawberries.
- Pour batter evenly into each greased muffin cup.
- Place pan in preheated oven and bake for 12-13 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before removing from tray.