These Easy Blackberry Muffins are a great treat to enjoy anytime of the day! A simple, yet flavorful muffin, bursting with juicy blackberries throughout!
With summer here, I love quick and easy meal options, good snack options, and things that can freeze for later!
These muffins fit that perfectly as they come together in no time and freeze perfectly!
We tend to make a batch in the morning, enjoy them for breakfast, and freeze the extras to enjoy at a later date!
Sometimes, we even make a double batch and have plenty for snacks and breakfast options!
Years ago, when my family lived in Seattle, blackberries were so easy to find around the town. We would literally be hiking, find some fresh berries, and enjoy them right then and there!
In fact, we had some wooded areas behind our house and we would pick fresh blackberries from the vines and make pies, muffins, cakes, and more!
My oldest son was about five at the time and he would come in from playing and had purple/blue liquid all over his mouth. He LOVES blackberries, so I always knew what he got into out there, haha!
Now that we live in Houston, we haven’t seemed to find wild vines/bushes around town to pick, but we did just find a local “pick” farm that does blackberries/blueberries/strawberries! I see a trip to that location in our near future!
We typically catch berries on sale at our grocery store and stock up! The berries freeze perfectly and can be used in so many different recipes!
When my daughter asked to do some baking a few days ago, I suggested muffins and before I knew it, these muffins were making the house smell quite incredible!
We enjoyed one fresh from the oven, however, even at room temperature, they are quite tasty!
With just the right amount of sweetness, the juicy berries are the best addition to these Easy Blackberry Muffins!
If you don’t like blackberry, feel free to use blueberries or raspberries! Enjoy!
Easy Blackberry Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter *softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour *all purpose
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups blackberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin tray with paper or silicone liners.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the milk and flour mixture into the creamed butter mixture.
- Stir until just combined.
- Carefully fold in the blackberries.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan, filling about 2/3 full.
- Place pan into oven and bake about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before enjoying!