These Breakfast Stuffed Avocados are a flavor packed, low carb breakfast option that start the day off right! Egg, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese combined….what more can you ask for?!
A few mornings ago, my hubby was in the mood to make breakfast. Since I am not a huge breakfast fan, I wasn’t too motivated to throw ideas out, but I didn’t need to. He knew exactly what he wanted to make for us and asked me to keep an open mind. Yes, I sound quite picky, but I promise I’m not, haha!
Before long, I saw him grabbing avocados, eggs, bacon, and cheese. Curious, I watched him put these stuffed avocados together in no time and put them out on the smoker. *If you don’t have a smoker, feel free to use a grill!
The egg cooked perfectly inside of the avocado! With cheese melted over the egg and crumbled bacon on top, it was incredibly flavorful! Not only that, but its low carb and definitely kept us both full until lunchtime!
My hubby used crumbled jalapeno bacon for an added kick, but any type works! Even a shortcut of bacon bits will work! You can add diced tomatoes, maybe some Feta cheese, or any other toppings you desire!
Perhaps with the weekend heading our way, these Breakfast Stuffed Avocados are just what you need! Kick the weekend off with a flavor packed meal! Also check out my other breakfast recipes HERE!
Avocado Tool: https://amzn.to/2xXk2pz
Chupacabra Seasoning (what we used): https://amzn.to/2RlznHi
Slap Ya Mama (for a Cajun twist): https://amzn.to/3ecEN1k
Breakfast Stuffed Avocados
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced in half
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 slices bacon, cooked/crumbled
- seasoning of choice (Chupacabra, salt/pepper, Slap Ya Mama, etc)
- Remove pit from avocado and scoop a small amount of avocado out of its shell to make room for egg.
- Place avocado into a skillet.
- Crack egg into each avocado half.
- Sprinkle with desired seasoning.
- Toss the shredded cheese and crumbled bacon on top of the uncooked egg.
- Place skillet onto grill grates and cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until egg is cooked and cheese has melted.