Since the Holidays, I have been in a total baking mode. My kiddos, hubby, and hubby’s coworkers are all loving it, as am I! Each week, I have been making muffins, cookies, brownies, and more…..the kids and hubby eat some after dinner, and the rest get sent to work with my hubby. I am even starting to get requests from his coworkers now, haha!!
Last week, I had a few extra ripe bananas in my fruit basket and decided to whip up some muffins! The kiddos love them as an afternoon snack, and I figured they would be a hit at work since it pairs well with coffee and is “clean” to eat.
This recipe made about 85 mini muffins because I doubled it, so needless to say, there was plenty for everyone! About 70 ended up going to work the next day with my hubby and within a few hours, the plate was clean!! I’d call that a success, huh?!?!
Simple to make, packed with banana flavor, and perfectly freezable….these are my new go to recipe!!
- 4 bananas
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray your mini muffin pan.
- Add the bananas to a medium bowl and mash.
- Stir in the melted butter, egg, sugar, and vanilla….mixing well.
- Add in the baking soda, salt, and flour, stirring until just combined.
- Using a spoon, scoop the batter into each mini muffin cup, about 2/3 full.
- Once tray is filled, place in oven and bake for about 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 1-2 minutes before removing muffins from tray!