This Incredible Banana Coffee Cake is packed with flavor and is the perfect excuse to enjoy cake for breakfast!
Last week, I turned the big 3-4! Since my kids were still on “summer break”, we enjoyed the day by going hiking, swimming, and shopping!
For my birthday breakfast, my hubby made us all this tasty coffee cake! I don’t know about you, but nothing beats cake for breakfast, right?!?!
Not only was this cake a great way to use up the extra bananas I had on hand, but it came together in no time!
The cake itself was moist and had just the right amount of banana flavoring!
Originally, we drizzled a glaze on top, but this time, decided to omit that part to cut down on the sweetness. It ended up being perfect and something we will now do going forward.
If you like an extra sweetness, feel free to make a glaze using powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk!
Whether you enjoy this Incredible Banana Coffee Cake for breakfast or a sweet treat, it’ll be a new favorite! Pair with a cup of coffee, or cold glass of milk!
Since this makes a full 9×13 pan, there is plenty for everyone to enjoy! Plus, leftovers are just as good as on day one, so you can enjoy this for a few days (or freeze for a later date)!
Check out my other breakfast recipes HERE!
9×13 pan: https://amzn.to/2RoXrIZ
Mixing Bowl Set: https://amzn.to/2Rti2vy
Recipe adapted from: Eat Dessert Snack
INCREDIBLE Banana Coffee Cake
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 3/4 cup flour *all purpose
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup flour *all purpose
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and regular sugar.
- Once combined, add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add in the sour cream and bananas.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Pour dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly on top of cake batter.
- Place pan into preheated oven and allow to bake for about 45 minutes. *Start watching it around 35 minutes as each oven varies
- Once toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center of cake, remove and allow to cool slightly before slicing/serving!