My family and I are on the move…..again! Yes, you probably remember last year we moved to Dallas, TX from good ol’ Seattle, WA. Well, now we are on the move to Houston, TX! Not quite as far, but still chaotic.
This past weekend was packing weekend (one of three weekends we have until moving day), so things were crazy. Saturday morning, my hubby decided to take a break from packing and whip up a coffee cake for us all to enjoy as our mid morning snack. We had packed a good portion of the kitchen up, but he was still able to make this in no time. I call it “cinnamon roll coffee cake” because when my daughter took her first bite, she said it reminded her of a cinnamon roll. Moist cake, cinnamon topping, and just the right amount of glaze made this an amazing morning treat.
The best part of all was that we had plenty left over for Sunday….and even Monday!!
Whether paired with a cup of coffee in the morning, or enjoyed as a sweet treat in the evening, this will be a crowd pleaser!
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Pour batter into greased baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle evenly on top of the batter.
- Place pan in oven and bake for about 45-60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean once inserted in center of cake.
- While cake is baking, combine the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and water to create a glaze.
- Remove cake from oven and pour glaze on top. Glaze will harden as it cools.
- Slice desired size piece and enjoy!!