These Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins are moist, flavorful, and have just the right amount of juicy berries throughout! With a cream cheese addition, whats not to love?!
A while back, I made Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins and they were a huge hit on the blog! Everyone loved them and mentioned how similar they tasted to the Starbucks version!
Since then, I have added an incredible Banana Cream Cheese Muffin to the collection. Those too seem to be a big hit, which got me thinking about other combinations to try!
Since everyone loves a blueberry muffin, I thought, why not add the same cream cheese filling, to my classic go to muffin recipe?!
I almost always have blueberries in my freezer, so a few days ago, I pulled some out, made my favorite blueberry muffin recipe and added the cream cheese filling on top!
I was a little skeptical at first because the blueberry muffin batter is quite thick, but since the cream cheese is a bit heavier, it fell perfectly into the batter as it cooked.
If you would like to have the cream cheese evenly spread throughout, you can use a knife to swirl it in. My family tends to like it dropped on top and save the best bite for last, but the choice is yours!
Each batch makes about 18 muffins, depending on how high you fill each muffin cup!
Whether you enjoy these for a tasty breakfast, snack, or evening treat…you’ll love them!
The blueberry muffin itself is moist, fluffy, and has just the right amount of berries throughout. The cream cheese addition is perfectly sweetened and tastes similar to a cheesecake.
When you combine the two together, you have these Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins and a hit with everyone!
Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- 2 cups flour *all purpose
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 tbsp flour
CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare muffin tray with liners or grease.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugar.
- Whisk in the sour cream and oil.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt, stirring until just combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the blueberries with 1 tbsp flour.
- Add blueberries carefully into the muffin batter and stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups, filling about 1/2 way.
CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Drop one spoonful of cream cheese mixture into the center of the muffin batter.
- Place pan into preheated oven and allow to bake for about 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before enjoying!