If you love banana bread, you’ll love these Tasty Cinnamon Banana Muffins! Moist, flavorful, light, and fluffy…perfect for breakfast and/or snacks!
I don’t know about your kids, but mine tend to go in waves when it comes to bananas. One week, they eat them within a day or so and I can hardly keep them in the house. The next week, my kids act like bananas are terrible and want nothing to do with them.
Needless to say, I end up with a lot of bananas in my freezer to use in recipes, muffins, and breads! One of my go to ways to use up some extra bananas is my Incredible Banana Bread. I make it into muffins or mini loaves and freeze them for a later date!
Last week, I was cleaning out my freezer when I noticed I had quite a stock pile of bananas. I put a few out to thaw, but wasn’t really sure how I planned to use them.
When my oldest came into the kitchen that afternoon, I asked him what type of goodie he was in the mood for. Since he is a HUGE Snickerdoodle fan, he suggested combining the bananas with some sort of snickerdoodle topping. How could I say no to such a yummy idea, right?!
Within about 10 minutes, I had these muffins ready for the oven and about 20 minutes after that, we were enjoying our first taste test!
The end result was an incredibly flavorful, light and moist, fluffy muffin that all but melted in our mouth!
Between my three kids, hubby, and I….we had these gone in only a few short days!
If you want to change things up from regular banana bread, be sure to give these Tasty Cinnamon Banana Muffins a try!
Tasty Cinnamon Banana Muffins
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup flour *all purpose
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin tray with liners or cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and mashed bananas.
- Once combined, add in the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Scoop muffin batter into lined muffin tray evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place muffins on cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the cinnamon/sugar.
- Dip each muffin top into the melted butter, followed by the cinnamon/sugar mixture to coat the top thoroughly.
- Continue process until all muffins have been coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: https://togetherasfamily.com/cinnamon-banana-bread-muffins/