Oh boy! These muffins were awarded the “best muffin ever” award by my kids. Pretty big honor, right?? Well, based on the fact that my kids have tried about 1,003,004,006,000 muffin combos in their lives, its a great award, hehe!!
Last week, my daughter came downstairs from playing and said she was in the mood to bake with me. How could I say no to that?! As we went through the freezer, fridge, and pantry, she pulled out the chocolate chips (of course), whereas I had pulled out a few of the frozen bananas in our freezer! We decided to combine them into one muffin and the end result was fabulous!
My kids each had one as their afternoon snack, and even begged for one more for their dessert. Yep….you read that right, they wanted a banana muffin for dessert, haha! Yes, it did have chocolate in it, but because of the banana, I secretly was high fiving myself!
Hope you enjoy these as much as we did!!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semi sweet or milk chocolate, mini chips or regular)
- Grease or line a muffin tray and preheat oven to 400.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas and add in the oil, eggs, and brown sugar.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until combined.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Once all is combined, divide evenly into each lined or greased muffin cup.
- Place muffin tray in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Once done, remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes before removing from tray!