These Cinnamon Sugar Breakfast Muffins are a perfect start to your day! Not too sweet, moist, fluffy, and simple to make!
I absolutely love making muffins. Most of the time, they are pretty simple to prepare and can be enjoyed as a quick breakfast, snack, or sweet treat! My favorite thing to do is freeze any extras for on the go breakfasts when mornings are rushed. My kids especially love it!
Last week, my son mentioned wanting snickerdoodle cookies as I was packing lunches. I wasn’t really in the mood to make cookies (I promised him this weekend instead), however, I quickly whipped a batch of these Cinnamon Sugar Breakfast Muffins up in hopes it would hold him over a few days, haha!
Sure enough, when he got home from school and tried one as a snack, his eyes lit up and he said these were his new favorite! What a compliment given I have probably made over 50 versions of muffins since he has been born!
Even my other two kiddos and hubby enjoyed these! My little ones enjoyed this for breakfast the next day, and I dropped a few off to my parents and they had their with morning coffee.
Enjoy fresh out of the oven, or enjoy these room temp. My favorite way to eat these is warmed in the microwave for about 15 seconds, light spread of butter on top, paired with my morning coffee. So tasty and the perfect way to wake up! These aren’t overly sweet, so you can enjoy anytime!
If you’re a muffin fan (aren’t we all??), definitely try these and let me know what you think! Perhaps serve if having guests over, send to your neighbors/teachers as a goodies, or enjoy as a family!
Muffin Pan: https://amzn.to/2MO11fs
Batter Scoop: https://amzn.to/2ZzD2Ta
Silicone Muffin Liners: https://amzn.to/2ML0aw4
Cinnamon Sugar Breakfast Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin pan. *This recipe makes about 16 muffins
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the milk, oil, and eggs.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Divide batter into prepared muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the 2 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly on top of each muffin cup.
- Place pan into preheated oven and bake for about 13 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center.
- Remove from oven and allow pan to sit 2-3 minutes before removing muffins.