This two layer Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge is simple to make and packed with flavor! Smooth, creamy, and the perfect sweet treat!
Growing up, my mom would spend the month of December in the kitchen baking all sorts of goodies. She would then assemble them onto plates and deliver them to all the neighbors as a Christmas present!
One of the things she made each year was her “Fantasy Fudge“. In fact, she would typically make a double or triple batch of it and we would have lots for not only the neighbors, but also to enjoy as a family!
I would sneak down in the afternoons and sneak one or two pieces, because it was one of my favorites!
Now that I am older and have a family of my own, I have continued the tradition of Christmas baking and delivering goodie boxes to my neighbors. My kids LOVE passing the boxes out, and of course, my neighbors enjoy all the assortment of treats!
Since my mom is our family fudge maker, she still makes the Fantasy Fudge that we all love and devour. However, this year, my hubby decided to put a spin on it and attempt a Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge as well.
One afternoon, he got the idea, set out to work, and before long….this fudge came about and not only was incredibly flavorful, but so festive and pretty in the boxes too!
We passed out the neighbor boxes this past weekend and everyone especially raved about the fudge!
Although I still love me some Fantasy Fudge, I must say, this Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge is definitely a tie and one I plan on having around each year!
You can never have too many sweets, right?!
What are some traditions your family has? I love all the traditions the Christmas season brings about! Its always neat to hear all the ways families come together, spread joy, and give to others!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 7 oz marshmallow fluff
- 5 oz evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In 2 separate bowls, place 1 cup semisweet chips in one, and peanut butter chips in the other.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, marshmallow cream, evaporated milk, and butter. Stir over medium heat until melted together.
- Bring to a boil and allow to cook 5 minutes. Stir frequently as to avoid burning.
- After 5 minutes, remove from heat and add in the vanilla.
- Pour half the mixture into the peanut butter chips and the other half into the semi sweet chips. Stir each bowl until melted and smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture onto bottom of pan. Spread evenly.
- Allow to set up for a few minutes, about 5-10 minutes.
- Spread peanut butter mixture evenly on top of the chocolate mixture.
- Set pan aside and allow to cool for at least 1 hour prior to cutting into small pieces.
- Store in an airtight container!