Chocolate Crinkle Candy Cane Blossoms take the classic Chocolate Crinkle Cookie and stuff it with a Candy Cane Peppermint Kiss. Sweet, fudgy, and the perfect addition to any Holiday tray!
Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Cookies
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies may just go down as one of most classic Christmas cookies of all time. They make the perfect addition to any Holiday tray and are always a favorite with everyone. Plus, they always turn out so pretty with the powdered sugar coating that “crinkles” once baked.
Typically, I am not one to mess with a tried and true recipe. What’s the point, right?! However, when I made a batch of crinkle cookies, found a leftover bag of candy cane Hershey kisses on hand, and decided to combine the two…magic happened! The combination took a good thing and made it incredible.
Crackled tops give way to soft and fudgy centers, with a chocolate peppermint kiss that melts ever so slightly once placed in the center.
This cookie is one that doesn’t get skipped over at the Holidays. It makes its appearance on every goodie tray I assemble and is always one of the most talked about sweets due to its appearance and taste!
Tips for the best Chocolate Candy Cane Blossoms
- Dough will be VERY sticky! That is okay! In fact, that means the cookie will be the most perfect texture. When scooping dough, either plop directly into powdered sugar to offset stickiness, or roll gently in your hands and wash hands every few cookies.
- Allow cookies to cool 1-2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet to ensure the cookies hold their shape.
- Push the Peppermint Kiss gently into the cookie to allow a slight crinkle, but not enough for them to fall apart.
- Ensure the cookies are fully cooled before placing in storage containers as you don’t want the added moistness from the heat to get locked into the cookie container.
Ingredients needed for Candy Cane Blossoms
Scroll to the bottom of post for full ingredient amounts and printable recipe card
- Unsalted Butter- room temperature
- Brown Sugar- I used light
- Flour- all-purpose
- Cocoa Powder- unsweetened
- Baking Powder
- Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Chips- mini, semi-sweet
- Hershey Kisses- unwrapped, candy cane flavored
How to make Candy Cane Crinkles:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream- butter and brown sugar together until fluffy
- Add- in the eggs, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold- in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop- by rounded tablespoon and roll each ball into the powdered sugar until evenly coated.
- Bake- for about 8 minutes, allowing 1- minutes to cool before removing to cooling rack.
- Place- one Hershey kiss into the center of each cookie. Continue until all cookies have a kiss in the middle.
Make Ahead Crinkle Cookies
To make the dough in advance, roll into balls and freeze on a baking sheet for 1 hour, then transfer to an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just before baking, roll the cookie dough in granulated sugar, coat in powered sugar, and bake as directed, adding 1-2 minutes to baking time. Place candy cane kiss into center as directed and enjoy!
How to store Chocolate Crinkle Candy Cane Blossoms
Allow to cool completely before storing.
Room temperature- in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Refrigerator- in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Freezer- in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
More Christmas Cookie recipes to try:
Peanut Butter Blossoms– Homemade peanut butter blossoms are the classic favorite Christmas cookie and trademark of all holiday cookie trays.
Christmas M & M Cookie Bars– Thick and chewy M&M Christmas cookie bars with crispy edges, a soft center and bursting with chocolate flavor.
Macaroon Kiss Cookies– flaky sweetened coconut flakes and cream cheese for a chewy cookie everyone will enjoy!
Christmas Chocolate M & M Pretzels– Only 3 ingredients needed, ready to enjoy in no time, they look so pretty and festive, and of course they’re incredibly delicious!
Chocolate Crinkle Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 candy cane Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar together until fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough by rounded tablespoon and roll each ball into the powdered sugar until evenly coated.
- Place cookie dough ball on cookie sheet and continue until sheet is filled. *About 12 per sheet
- Bake in preheated oven for about 8 minutes.
- Remove sheet from oven and allow to sit 1-2 minutes before removing and placing on cooling rack.
- Gently place one Hershey kiss into the center of each cookie. Continue until all cookies have a kiss in the middle.
- Serve or allow to cool completely before freezing!
Leave a Reply