Each Christmas, my kids and I make a few batches of chocolate pretzel treats. I typically put them in pretty bags and give them to friends and family. This year however, I decided to change it up and use Rolos in place of Hershey kisses. The Rolo’s added a nice chocolate caramel center, instead of just plain chocolate.
The best part was, my kids got to make them entirely themselves and were quite proud of the end product. Their teachers loved them and these definitely are our new favorites. Adding a bit of sprinkles dressed them up a bit and makes these the perfect Holiday goodie for friends, family, or just to enjoy at home!
- 1 bag pretzels (I use the circle kind)
- 1 bag Rolo’s (can also substitute Hershey kisses)
- 1 bag M & M’s (Holiday colors work best)
- Sprinkles (if desired)
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Line pretzels in single layer on lined cookie sheet.
- Place one unwrapped Rolo in the center of each pretzel.
- Place pan in preheated oven, 275, for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place an M & M in the center of the chocolate.
- Pour sprinkles on top if desired.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from parchment paper.