Rolo Pretzels are a 3-ingredient sweet and salty treat that make the perfect snack or dessert. They are the easiest holiday treat and are so fun and festive for any occasion!
Easy Rolo Pretzel Bites
Each Christmas, my kids and I make a few batches of chocolate pretzel treats. I typically put them in pretty bags and give them to friends and family.
This year however, I decided to change it up and use Rolos in place of Hershey kisses. The Rolo’s added a nice chocolate caramel center, instead of just plain chocolate.
The best part, my kids got to make them entirely themselves and were quite proud of the end product. Their teachers loved them and these definitely are our new favorites.
Adding a bit of sprinkles dressed them up a bit and makes these the perfect Holiday goodie for friends, family, or just to enjoy at home! Or, you can change up the colors to make them for any other occasion desired.
Why this recipe works
- Easy- I struggle calling this a recipe but with only 3 ingredients and no mixing required, it truly is an easy sweet option to try
- Prepare ahead of time- these can be made days, weeks, months ahead of time and refrigerated/frozen until needed
- Salty Sweet Combination- the salty flavors from the pretzels, mixed with the sweet caramel addition in the candies are a must try
- Stores perfectly- once cooled, these can be stored at room temperature, the refrigerator, or freezer until ready to devour
Only 3 Ingredients needed
Being one of the easiest recipes ever, all you need are 3 simple ingredients!
- Pretzels- I love the square or circle pretzels, but regular ones will work too. I have found that circle pretzels are hard to find, so stick with the squares as they do tend to hold the Rolo better
- Rolo’s: These candies have caramel on the inside and a chocolate exterior. They melt on top of the pretzels and taste incredible!
- M & M’s- add the colors to fit the occasion, red/white/green are great for Christmas
How to make Rolo Pretzels
Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
Line pretzels in single layer on lined cookie sheet.
Place one unwrapped Rolo in the center of each pretzel.
Place pan in preheated oven, 275 degrees, for 3-5 minutes.
Remove from oven and place an M & M in the center of the chocolate.
Allow to cool completely before removing from parchment paper.
Variations to try
There are so many different variations on these pretzel treats. Here are some of my favorites….
- Chocolate M & M Pretzels: Swap out the Rolo for a Hershey’s Kiss
- Pretzel Turtles: Use pecan halves instead of the M&M’s
- Use Reese’s Pieces instead of M&M’s
- Try a different flavor of M & M’s like mint, dark chocolate, and more
- Make sure you don’t keep them in the oven too long otherwise they will lose their shape and melt, making a mess
- Place the M&M’s on top immediately after you remove the pretzels from the oven.
- Add sprinkles or change up the color of the M & M’s to fit the occasion
- Once the chocolate has hardened again, they are ready to store.
- There are typically around 90 Rolos in a 17.8-ounce family-size bag of wrapped Rolos. Which is what you’ll want to make these because they are so addictive and always go quickly.
How to Store Rolo Pretzels
You can keep your cooled Rolo pretzels in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 weeks before they start to go stale. They can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
To freeze,place the treats on a baking sheet or plate in the fridge. Leave them for about an hour. Next, place the treats inside an airtight container or bag in the freezer. This makes it very easy to grab a couple when the craving strikes. They shouldn’t stick together since they were flash frozen first. The treats will last up to 2 to 3 months in the freezer.
More Holiday Recipes to try
Buckeye Balls– the classic recipe of peanut butter balls dipped in melted chocolate. Incredibly simple to make, no-bake, and packed with flavor
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge– two-layer Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge is quick to make and packed with flavor! Smooth, creamy, and the perfect sweet treat!
Bacardi Rum Cake– Soft, fluffy, and bursting with flavor in every bite!
Chocolate Crinkle Candy Cane Blossoms– take everyone’s favorite Chocolate Crinkle Cookie, but add in a candy cane kiss on top!
Rolo Pretzel Bites
- 1 bag pretzels
- 1 bag Rolo's
- 1 bag M & M's
- sprinkles *optional
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Line pretzels in single layer on lined cookie sheet.
- Place one unwrapped Rolo in the center of each pretzel.
- Place pan in preheated oven, 275, for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place an M & M in the center of the chocolate.
- Pour sprinkles on top if desired.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from parchment paper.