These Buckeye Balls are the classic recipe of peanut butter balls dipped in melted chocolate. Incredibly simple to make and packed with flavor, this is a great treat during the Holiday season or anytime of year!
Growing up, my mom would make peanut butter balls each Christmas to add to her goodie tray. I remember being OBSESSED with eating them, as in totally addicted. She would make them a few weeks ahead of time and stick them in the freezer. Little did she know I would sneak one here and there, let it thaw slightly, and devour it. I did that a few times before realizing the bag was quickly emptying and I had to slow down so she didn’t notice.
Now that I am an adult, my sugar obsession isn’t quite as crazy and I now have self control, but these definitely are still my favorite at Christmas! I make these each and every year and these typically are the first to be eaten up by everyone!
Check out these other Christmas sweet treats if you’re looking for a good dessert this Holiday season:
Now, I do have a classic recipe, which is the original my mom made. This one is slightly different, being that you don’t dip the entire ball in chocolate, you leave the top uncoated, creating a buckeye. The two recipes are just as tasty, so you can’t go wrong picking one.
Buckeye Balls taste just like a Reese’s, only homemade! Creamy peanut butter covered in chocolate! A bite sized sweet treat everyone will enjoy!
You can make these ahead of time and freeze them in a freezer safe container, or make them fresh when you need them. Whether you keep them refrigerated, frozen, or room temperature…they’ll be a hit with every chocolate peanut butter lover out there!
Be sure to check out the video tutorial and let me know what you think of these Buckeye Balls! These make the perfect addition to any goodie tray or simply to enjoy as a tasty sweet treat!
Be sure to let me know what you think in the comment section below if you give these a try!
Buckeye Balls are an EASY dessert made from peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate for a no-bake sweet treat with only 6 ingredients! Print the recipe below and give these a try!
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I use semi sweet but any type works)
- Combine peanut butter and butter in a large bowl, beating until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla and salt.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar until its combined and a dough like consistency is reached.
- Scoop mixture into tablespoon balls and rolls using the palm of your hands.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Place in freezer for about 30 minutes to firm up.
- Melt chocolate chips in a small bowl.
- Remove peanut butter balls from the freezer and place a toothpick in the top of them.
- Use the toothpick to carefully dip the balls into the melted chocolate, leaving the tops uncoated for the buckeye look.
- Return the ball to the cookie sheet and remove the toothpick.
- Set pan in fridge to fully set the chocolate before serving/eating!