This Bacardi Rum Cake has been a classic since the 70’s! It is soft, fluffy, supremely moist, and quite flavorful!
This past Christmas, my mom hosted Christmas dinner. She outdid herself and prepared an incredible beef tenderloin, loaded mashed potatoes, green beans, Christmas Jello, and this tasty Bacardi Rum Cake for dessert.
This cake was definitely the perfect way to end the dinner! It was incredibly moist, flavorful, and a favorite with the adults!
One thing to note with this cake is that the rum does NOT burn off. In other recipes, the alcohol leaves only the flavoring, but you can serve it to kids. This recipe is NOT like that due to it calling for Rum in the glaze as well as cake. Keep this tasty dessert for the adults only!
If you aren’t an alcohol drinker, don’t skip over this cake just yet. You may still fall in love with it! I’m not a Rum fan personally, so when my mom told me she was making this cake, I was hesitant. However, I am glad I tried it because it was incredible! Its yellow cake combined with Rum, a glaze, and chocolate frosting on top. How can you go wrong, right?!
The one thing I was surprised with was the moistness. Sometimes cakes have a tendency to be dry and NEED the frosting on top. This cake was not. If you choose to omit the chocolate on top, you can definitely do so as the cake itself is moist and flavorful!
Whether you serve at the Holidays, or for a sweet treat anytime of the year….this Bacardi Rum Cake is sure to be a hit with everyone!
Be sure to let me know how it turns out if you try it, I love hearing feedback!
Bundt Pan: https://amzn.to/2PFVPKr
Bacardi Rum Cake
- 1 package yellow cake mix *18.5 oz
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding *3.5 oz
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup Bacardi Dark Rum
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Bacardi Dark Rum
CHOCOLATE GLAZE TOPPING
- 4 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 1 tsp butter or shortening
- 2 tbsp walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 10 inch bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, Rum, and vegetable oil. Mix until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool for about 25 minutes.
- Turn cake onto a serving plate.
- Poke small holes into cake (along the top especially).
- To prepare glaze, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the water and sugar. Boil for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the Rum.
- Pour glaze evenly on top of the cake, making sure to get it into the small holes as well.
- To prepare the chocolate glaze, melt chocolate and butter/shortening over low heat in a sauce pan.
- Once cake has fully cooled, drizzle the chocolate on top. Sprinkle with nuts (if using) while chocolate is still somewhat wet.
- Serve cake and enjoy!