Prepare to fall in love with this Cinnamon Roll Cake! Light and fluffy, with just the right amount and cinnamon sugar throughout! Topped with a sweet icing, this is a great breakfast or sweet treat!
A few years back, my mom had my daughter over for a sleepover! Since my daughter LOVES baking, they did just that! This cake is what they chose to whip up and am I glad they did!! Not only did I get a tasty recipe to share with you all out of it, but I was able to be the taste tester. A job I most definitely love doing!
The cake was light and fluffy, had a tasty cinnamon sugar layer swirled throughout, and was topped with the tastiest, sweet icing! It was a sweet treat I thoroughly enjoyed!
This cake would be great paired with a cup of coffee as a breakfast option, or perhaps with a glass of milk as a sweet treat! The best part, if you have leftovers, it freezes perfectly!
Next time you have guests over, whip this up and everyone will think you out did yourself!
Hope you enjoy!
*Be sure to sign up for my newsletter below! You’ll receive my latest recipes sent directly to your inbox! PLUS, I do monthly prize giveaways that are for subscribers only! Coming up….an Instant Pot! You don’t want to miss that!
Are you on Instagram?? Come follow me, https://www.instagram.com/thecookinchicks/ to see what I am cooking! Use the hashtag #thecookinchicks and I may even share your pictures!!
Here are all my other cake recipes, you’re bound to find something for everyone, https://thecookinchicks.com/tag/cake/
Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all cake ingredients together excluding the butter in a medium bowl.
- Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into the prepared pan.
- For the topping, mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- While cake is baking, combine the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Once cake is done, remove from oven and drizzle icing evenly on top.
- Serve and enjoy!