Soft, perfectly sweet, and simple to make….these Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies are a favorite with all!
Oh boy oh boy oh boy! I don’t know how to describe just how amazing these cookies are, but let me tell you….these go down as a new favorite cookie in my house. They taste like a Cinnabon combined with a fluffy, moist sugar cookie….and this is the end result!! Or as I described it to my hubby, “a snickerdoodle on steroids” haha!!
Fluffy, moist, flavorful sugar cookies with a snickerdoodle type frosting on top!
Last week, I wanted to play around with making a new cookie recipe for my hubby’s coworkers. After tasting one cookie, I knew these were bound to be a hit with all. I sent three dozen cookies to work with him the next morning and within a few hours, they were gone. Crumbs and all!!! I’d call that a success, right?!? I even had several requests for the recipe, so here you go!
If you’re a cookie lover, check out these other great cookie recipes on the blog:
Hope you enjoy these as much as we all did!! Don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter below and let me know what you think of these cookies in the comment section below if you give them a try!
Don’t these look incredible? Such a soft, fluffy like cookies! But the frosting…..oh boy….you may just lick it right off! Yes, its that good! Make sure you watch the video tutorial to see just how easy these cookies are to make!!
Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies are incredibly soft, full of cinnamon and covered with a sweet, smooth frosting everyone will love! Print the recipe below and be sure to give these a try!
Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture to sugr mixture and beat until combined.
- Place bowl of dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Once dough is chilled, roll dough out to about 1/2" thickness and cut with a circle cookie cutter.
- Place dough on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven, 350, for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- To make frosting, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Put frosting in a Ziploc bag and cut the end off (or a piping bag) and pipe frosting on top of each cooled cookie.