Chocolate Brownie Cookies are a perfect cross between a cookie and brownie due to the fact they are chocolate filled, chewy, rich, fudgy, and super easy to make! With no chill time required, these cookies can be ready to devour in under 20 minutes!
Brownie Cookies Recipe
This decadent cookie is PACKED with flavor! In fact, you may never want to make a batch of brownie again!
They’re incredibly soft, chewy, chocolate filled, and filled with ooey gooey goodness in every bite! What’s not to love about that, right?
If you know me, you know I have a major sweet tooth. In fact, I indulge in some sort of sweet treat each and every day. Of course, everything in moderation, but I definitely don’t deprive myself of sugar treats!
My favorite part about these cookies are the fact that they don’t require chill time. When that sweet tooth craving hits, you can have it satisfied in under 20 minutes. Plus, these cookies freeze perfectly, so you can always have some on hand!
If you’re a chocolate lover you simply have to make these fudgy chocolate cookies. You’re going to love them so much.
Why these Fudgy Brownie Cookies are the best
After one bite, you’ll see why these have quickly become a family favorite! Don’t trust me? Here are some more reasons:
- Best of Both Worlds- love cookies?? love brownies? Now you get to enjoy them BOTH at the same time!
- Flavor- perfect for any chocolate lover! Fudgy, crinkly, decadent, and rich! The ULTIMATE cookie!
- Ease- using simple ingredients, these cookies are quick to prepare! Make the dough ahead of time or prepare when ready to bake, easy peasy!
- Time- no chill time required, meaning simply prepare the cookie dough, scoop onto a baking sheet, and place into the oven! Dessert is ready in no time!
*See printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for exact amounts and directions
- Butter- Unsalted, softened
- Brown Sugar- Adds the sweetness and chewiness to the cookies
- Vanilla- Helps build flavor
- Eggs- Make sure your eggs are room temperature
- Flour- All-Purpose
- Cocoa Powder- For extra chocolate flavor
- Salt- Brings out flavor
- Baking Soda- This is a leavening agent
- Chocolate Chips- I use semi-sweet, but you can use dark or milk chocolate if desired
How to make Brownie Cookies
Check out how quick and easy these cookies are to make by following a just few simple steps! This recipe bakes about 3 dozen cookies!
Preheat Oven- 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Cream Together- butter and brown sugar together in a mixing bowl.
Add- the vanilla extract and eggs, mixing well.
In a separate bowl- whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
Combine- dry mixture into the butter mixture and mix until combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Scoop and Bake- scoop cookie dough and place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake in preheated oven for 9-10 minutes. Remove and enjoy!
How to store Fudgy Brownie Cookies
Place in an airtight container or bag once fully cooled.
- Room Temperature: cookies will last for about one week.
- Refrigerator: cookies will last up to two weeks.
- Freezer: in a freezer safe bag or container, cookies will last up to 3 months. Thaw before serving!
How to Freeze Cookies
You can freeze the cookie dough or the fully baked cookies. Either option can be frozen up to 3 months.
Freeze the Dough
- Shape the cookies into balls.
- Place on a baking sheet and freeze for about 3 to 4 hours.
- Store the frozen cookie dough balls in a freezer container or bag.
- Allow to thaw overnight in the fridge when ready to enjoy. You can also bake them frozen but you’ll need add a few extra minutes to the bake time.
Freeze the cookies
- Allow the baked cookies to fully cool.
- Place inside a freezer container with parchment paper in between the layers.
- When ready to enjoy, allow to thaw in the fridge overnight.
Tips for the Best Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Use a cookie scoop to keep all the cookies looking uniform and baking evenly.
- Do Not Over-Mix. If you mix too much, it will change the texture and not make these are fudgy.
- Don’t Over Bake. You’ll want the cookies to appear slightly under baked in the center.
- Use a good quality cocoa powder! This adds the chocolate flavor, therefore you don’t want to skimp on this.
- Feel free to experiment with chocolate chips. Different flavors, chunks versus chips, etc.
Variations to try
Want to change these up even more? Here are some fun ideas to try!
- Peanut Butter Chips make a fabulous flavor twist. Peanut butter fans will love this. Just toss in handful into the batter.
- Caramel Chips turn this cookie into a gooey decadent combination.
- Butterscotch Chips make another great variety to try. The flavor is amazing.
- Make a Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich by scooping ice-cream between two chocolate cookies!
- Chopped pecans or walnuts taste delicious in this recipe. You can add ½ cup to the batter.
- Add fun and festive sprinkles to these for an added burst of color.
Favorite Crinkly Fudgy Brownie Cookie Equipment
Here are some kitchen appliances/accessories I used to make these cookies! (affiliate)
Mixing Bowls– these are my go to bowls! They are dishwasher safe, hold up perfectly, and even have a pour spout.
Cookie Dough Scoop– these make scooping cookie dough easy peasy! Plus, they keep the cookies uniform which helps for even baking times.
Cookie Sheets– these are my FAV! Non-stick and dishwasher safe!!
More Popular Cookie Recipes to try
Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies– a surprising ingredient guarantees these Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy in the center and perfectly crispy around the edges.
Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies– simple to make and will have you looking like a total baking rock star. You won’t believe how delicious these cookies are!
Shortcut Texas Sheet Cake Cookies– soft and moist cookies are made with cake mix and then covered in a decadent but simple cooked chocolate frosting.
Joanna Gaines’ Chocolate Chip Cookies– soft, chewy, and perfectly sweet chocolate chip cookies that are easy to make.
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies– Soft, chewy, and bursting with the delicious flavors of raspberry and chocolate.
Fudgy Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the vanilla extract and eggs, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir dry mixture into the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop onto the prepared cookie sheet using a scoop, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake in oven for about 9-10 minutes, ensuring they dont overbake.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Serve and enjoy!