These Lunch Lady Brownies are a chocolate lovers dream come true. Rich, fudge like, and topped with an incredible frosting!
Do you remember the brownies served at school?? I don’t really remember the food served (perhaps I blocked it out), but the brownies….I most definitely remember those!
Anytime I saw them on the menu, no matter what was for lunch, I purchased it because I wanted a brownie.
They were incredible! The frosting was by far my favorite part and that’s saying something because I am NOT a frosting fan usually.
The brownies themselves were somewhat cake like, chocolate packed, and moist. Put the brownie and frosting together and it was the BEST dessert!
Fast forward several years, I was browsing through some old family cookbooks. One recipe seemed somewhat similar to the school version I grew up on, so of course I set out to make it!
With a few tweaks, these Lunch Lady Brownies came about and are JUST like the classic recipe I remembered!
My whole family enjoyed them for dessert a few nights ago since then, my kids have already requested them for dessert again!
Although my kids don’t have the same memories I have regarding the brownies, it was fun sharing some lunch room stories with them as I prepared these!
These Lunch Lady Brownies are a blast from the past that you’ll be glad you tried! Enjoy and let me know what you think!
9×13 baking pan: https://amzn.to/2WQFSVV
Come follow me on Instagram too, click HERE!
Lunch Lady Brownies
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder *unsweetened
- 2 cups flour *all purpose
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder *unsweetened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter and cocoa powder using a hand mixer (or stand).
- Add in the flour and sugar.
- Once combined, add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix until just combined. *batter is thick
- Place pan in oven and bake for about 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean once inserted in center of brownies.
- Once baked, remove from oven and allow to cool about 10 minutes before frosting (you want the brownies warm, not hot).
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl until smooth.
- Spread frosting evenly on top of somewhat cooled brownies.
- Let brownies fully cool before serving! Enjoy!