Rich, outrageously sinful and utterly delicious, you don’t want to pass these All-in-One Brownie Cups up! Chocolate chips cookies, Oreo’s, and brownies combined into one amazing dessert!
Easy Slutty Brownie Cups
Let me start out by saying, I did NOT come up with the name “Slutty Brownie Cups”. Yes, I got a good laugh out of the name, but nope, can’t take credit for that. In fact, since I have kids and didn’t really want to explain the name, I decided to change these to All in One Brownie Cups because after-all, they include brownies, Oreos, AND chocolate chip cookies.
When I first came across the recipe years ago, it was actually made as bars. One pan, cut into desired size pieces. Such a great idea, but over the years, I changed it up to make cups and will never go back. Now, its simply a grab and go treat, with perfect portioned cups!
Slutty Brownie Cups are the most decadent and outrageous bar cookie you’ll ever try: chocolate chip cookies on the bottom, brownies on the top, and an Oreo in the center. Once baked, the Oreo is melt in your mouth goodness and all the flavors fuse together perfectly.
Why you’ll love Shortcut Slutty Brownie Cups
- Quick and easy- only about 5 minutes of prep time
- Only 3 ingredients needed- plus brownie ingredients on box of course
- Simple- only a few steps required, let the kids help you make these
- Flavorful- perfectly portioned cups that are packed with chocolate goodness in every bite
- Perfect for any occasion- these are great for sweet tooth cravings, parties, potlucks, freezing, and more
Ingredients needed for All in One Brownie Cups
This recipe is very shortcut due to using pre-made cookie dough and boxed brownies, however, if you want to make it from scratch, feel free to. Full ingredients and directions are in the recipe card at the bottom.
- Brownie Mix- plus the ingredients listed on the box
- Oreos- I use double stuff because they are a fav in my house, any type works
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough- Nestle Tollhouse is my fav, feel free to use what your grocery store has on hand
Step by Step Instructions
Line a muffin tray with silicone or paper liners.
Spread about 1 tablespoon cookie dough into the bottom of each muffin cup. Make sure entire bottom is coated.
Place one Oreo on top of the cookie dough in each muffin cup.
Pour 2-3 tablespoon brownie batter on top of the Oreo.
Place in a preheated oven, 375, and bake for about 18-20 minutes.
Remove from oven and enjoy!!
- If you prefer peanut butter cookies or sugar cookies, feel free to use different cookie dough. Even double chocolate would be a great option!
- Change up the flavor of the Oreos. I use Double Stuffed, however, peanut butter, red velvet, birthday cake, mint, and more all work great too!
- Add a chocolate ganache topping by heating heavy cream and chocolate chips (1/2 cup and 1 cup) in intervals in the microwave until smooth. Drizzle on top after brownie cups have cooled a bit.
- Serve with ice-cream or whipped cream on top to make it more of a sundae.
- Store your brownie cups in an airtight container on the countertop for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To Freeze: These brownie cups can be frozen for up to 3 months. Place in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container. Defrost on the countertop when you are ready to serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why were they originally called Slutty Brownies?
According to Spoon University, Slutty brownies were actually first made by Kevin and Amanda way back in 2011, where they weren’t even called slutty brownies yet. They were instead called the Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n’ Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar, which is a mouthful if you ask me.
This was the first time the traditional slutty brownie was documented on the internet in the form we know it as today. But this doesn’t answer the question we are asking: why are they called slutty brownies? And who came up with this new name?
The first time they actually went by the name we know and love today was on The Londoner, just a month after the Kevin and Amanda recipe was posted online. The Londoner describes why they called them “slutty brownies” perfectly: “they’re oh so easy, and more than a little bit filthy.” Just as simple as I would’ve imagined. They are as easy to make as they are messy to eat.
Can these be made from scratch?
Absolutely! In fact, if you have the time, I say go for it! Use your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and brownie recipe to make these your own. If you don’t have a favorite cookie recipe, try these Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies. For an incredibly chocolate packed brownie, these Cast Iron Skillet Brownies are a favorite of mine.
How do I prepare these ahead of time?
The great thing about these brownie cups is that they can be made any time and either stored or frozen. If you need them for an occasion, I suggest making them 1 day beforehand and storing them in an airtight container. If you want to make these well in advance, bake them and allow to cool completely before placing in the freezer.
Tips for the ULTIMATE All in One Brownie Cups:
- If using paper liners, be sure to spray grease inside paper prior to filling as this makes peeling them off to enjoy much easier!
- If you prefer homemade cookie dough, check out THIS recipe!
- Want to make homemade brownies instead of boxed? Give THIS recipe a try!
- I use double stuffed Oreo’s when I make these, however, you can change it up and use any flavor desired!
- Allow the cups to cool for about 15 minutes before serving as this helps them to fully set up and hold their shape better!
- You can also use the take and bake cookie dough packages and place one cookie on the bottom of each muffin cup.
Love chocolate? Check out these other sweet treat recipes:
Death by Chocolate Trifle– layers of chocolate cake, pudding, whipped cream, and chocolate candies
Chocolate No Frost Oatmeal Cake– a tried and true chocolate cake recipe passed down in my family for years
Easy Chocolate Brownie Cookies– all the flavors of brownies, made into gooey, chocolate cookies
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread– a moist, flavorful quick bread with chocolate flavors and zucchini bits throughout
S’mores Poke Cake– a shortcut poke cake including all the flavors of classic s’mores
All In One Brownie Cups Recipe
- 1 box brownie mix *plus ingredients on box
- 1 tube cookie dough
- 1 package Oreos
- Line a muffin tray with silicone or paper liners.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon cookie dough into the bottom of each muffin cup. Make sure entire bottom is coated.
- Place one Oreo on top of the cookie dough in each muffin cup.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoon brownie batter on top of the Oreo.
- Place in a preheated oven, 375, and bake for about 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!!
Recipe updated 11/1/22