This Death by Chocolate Trifle won’t kill you, but after one bite, you’ll think you died and went to Heaven! Layers of cake, chocolate pudding, and more….what’s not to love?!
Years ago, after I made my first trifle…I was HOOKED! I went on a trifle making spree and made several new flavors. You can check out my collection HERE!
Being the chocolate lover that I am, this one is most definitely my favorite! It is LOADED with all sorts of chocolate and if its missing a favorite chocolate candy of yours, simply add it in! You can have fun with this and make it your own!
The great thing about trifles is that you have so many options and varieties! Plus, they feed lots of people and make a great dessert option for parties and having people over!
If you have a sweet tooth craving, look no further! You can make this Death by Chocolate Trifle the night before and let it refrigerate until ready to enjoy!
The fudge like brownie pieces, cool whip layers, chocolate pudding layers, and candy pieces throughout come together in a dessert you’ll be mouthwatering over!
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think! Also, come connect with me on Instagram HERE as I am always posting recipes, tips, giveaways, and more!
This post was originally posted on March 25, 2013 and updated July 9, 2020
Death by Chocolate Trifle
- 1 box Chocolate cake mix *and ingredients needed on box
- 16 oz Cool whip topping
- 1 box Instant Chocolate Pudding mix (5.9 oz box) plus milk needed on box
- 1 box Reese pieces
- 1 package Kit Kat bars
- 1 bag mini Reese peanut butter cups
- Chocolate Syrup
- In mixing bowl, combine cake mix and needed ingredients to make a chocolate cake. *I used Devils Chocolate cake mix.
- Bake cake according to directions. Once baked, allow to cool completely.
- In another bowl, make chocolate pudding according to directions.
- Fold in 1/3 container of Cool Whip into pudding, to create a chocolate mousse. Set aside.
- Crush up the Kit Kat bar into small pieces.
- To assemble trifle, follow this order: 1/3 crumbled cake 1/2 chocolate mousse Sprinkle Candy pieces 1/3 Crumbled Cake Remaining cool whip Sprinkle candy pieces 1/3 Crumbled Cake 1/2 chocolate mousse Chocolate Syrup (drizzled) Remaining Candy Pieces sprinkled on top