Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies have a crisp outside and chewy center! Simple to make, these may just be your new go to cookies to bake!
If you’re anything like me, you’ve tried just about all the chocolate chip cookie recipes out there. I have tried the Tollhouse version, JoAnna Gaines’ recipe, and several others! Don’t get me wrong, I love those recipes, but I also love trying new variations too!
Last week, I was in the mood to make cookies. Originally, I had planned on playing around with a new double chocolate recipe, but when I realized I was low on cocoa powder, that decision quickly changed.
I scanned through Pinterest, gathered lots of tips and ideas, and set out to experiment!
These cookies came together in no time and were a HUGE hit! As in, my family was grabbing them from the cooling rack as I was removing them from the cookie sheet. In fact, I started packing that I wouldn’t have any cookies left to take pictures of, so had to quickly tell them no more!
You may be wondering what the secret ingredient is, right?! No, its nothing crazy like mustard or some off the wall ingredient. But, I guarantee you won’t have guessed it. Ready?? It’s apple cider vinegar. Don’t scrunch your noses up and click out of the recipe just yet. Trust me, you won’t taste it. In fact, I PROMISE you won’t taste it!
The apple cider vinegar is used to activate the baking soda, helping the dough to rise a bit.
This dough requires no chilling, so its literally ready to scoop in under ten minutes! A perfectly crisp outside, chewy inside, and lots of chocolate chips throughout. What more could you ask for, right?!
If you are looking for a new cookie recipe to try out, look no further! My Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies are just what you need!
Cookie Sheet: https://amzn.to/3eCb8i3
Cookie Dough Scoop: https://amzn.to/2VCpfuY
Cooling Rack: https://amzn.to/2VIuxVX
Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups flour *all purpose
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter *slightly melted, but not fully liquid
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups chocolate chips *I used 1 cup semi sweet, 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar using a mixer.
- Add in the egg and mix until just combined.
- Add in the flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop cookie dough onto a cookie sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Place cookie sheet in preheated oven and bake 7-9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before moving to cooling rack.
*Recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies
**Recipe adapted from: Dear Crissy