Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, chewy and turn a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe into an incredible one!
Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Last week, I decided to make a batch of cookies for my hubby to bring to work. His coworkers love the goodies, I love trying out new recipe ideas, and I don’t have to be tempted to eat the sweets! It’s a win-win for all, right?!
Since I rarely make peanut butter cookies, I decided to use my favorite recipe, but add in some chocolate chips. You can’t go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate in my opinion! After making the dough, it yielded 4 dozen cookies!! My kids got to enjoy some as their after-school snack, and I received thumbs up from them!! The next day, my hubby brought them to work, and everyone went crazy!! The tray was cleaned off in a matter of one to two hours!!
All in all, these cookies are flavorful, chewy, and simple to make!!
Ingredients Needed for these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Butter- unsalted, softened
Peanut Butter- creamy
Corn Syrup- light
Baking Soda- make sure its fresh
Chocolate Chips- any flavor desired, I tend to use milk chocolate or semi-sweet
How to prepare:
Other great cookie recipes to try:
Tips for the ULTIMATE Cookies
* Avoid any “natural” peanut butters where the oil separates. The dough won’t come together nicely if you don’t use commercial peanut butter with an added oil.
*Never use dark colored pans to bake cookies, they tend to overly brown or even burn the bottoms of the cookies.
*To freeze: I like to scoop the dough balls out, freeze until solid, then remove them to a Ziplock bag to store in the freezer. You can defrost the dough overnight in the fridge, or for an hour or so at room temperature before baking.
*Be sure to measure flour correctly so you don’t end up with crumbly cookies.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips *any desired flavor
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
- Pour in the corn syrup, water, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Slowly add in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Once combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto a cookie sheet. Make sure to space cookies 2 inches apart.
- Place cookie sheet in oven and bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 1-2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.