If you love chocolate and caramel, this is the dessert for you. This is definitely a must try recipe!!
Last weekend, I was craving chocolate, but was feeling too lazy to make something too complicated. I asked my hubby what sounded good and we both decided on brownies. Since I was tired of a plain ol’ brownie, I raided the pantry in hopes for finding something to jazz it up. I came across a bag of caramels and knew we could put those to use! My hubby even offered to make the dessert, so away he went whipping these up!
In no time, we had fudge like, chocolate brownies, with a gooey caramel layer in the middle. These made an amazing dessert and we definitely will be making them again! Brownie points (pun intended, hehe) for my hubby since he was the one that did all the work!!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 7 oz caramel candies, unwrapped
- 2 tbsp. + 2 tsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- Line a 9 x 9 baking pan with foil and spray evenly with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir until smooth. If after 30 seconds, chocolate doesn’t melt entirely, microwave for about 20 seconds.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in the butter/chocolate mixture and stir until smooth.
- Fold in the flour and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Pour half the brownie batter into greased pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the caramels, heavy whipping cream, and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Microwave in small increments until all is melted and combined.
- Pour caramel onto cooled brownies evenly.
- Pour remaining brownie batter over caramel evenly.
- Place pan back into oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 tsp salt on top prior to serving.
- Cool before removing brownies from pan!! Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: She Makes and Bakes