Oh boy!! I posted this pic (see below) yesterday as a sneak peek and Facebook LOVED it!! Everyone wanted the recipe immediately, but since I hadn’t received the two thumbs up from my family….I couldn’t share it!! I only post recipes on here that my family approves of. That way, I know it is family friendly, kid approved, and the recipes are bound to be a hit!
Well, after dinner, I cut everyone a piece of these brownies and within seconds….YES, seconds….they were gone off each of their plates!! I was shocked!! The chocolate banana combo was amazing!! It wasn’t as rich and heavy as a normal chocolate packed brownie, and was quite moist/fudge like!
This recipe makes a 9 x 13 baking pan worth, so plenty to share….or save for later, right??
Next time you have an extra banana to use up, or are in the mood for a sweet treat, try these!! Family, kid, and heck, even monkey approved (because of the bananas I would assume, lol)
Enjoy and check out the video below to see step by step instruction!
Chunky Monkey Brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 banana, medium
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add in the flour and banana.
- Mix once more until all is combined.
- Fold in the 2 cups of chocolate chips. *Batter will be thick, that is okay.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle additional 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top of batter.
- Place pan in preheated oven, 350, for about 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting/serving!
Recipe adapted from: Can’t Stay out of the Kitchen