Every Friday, I like to make a new dessert for my family to enjoy over the weekend! This past weekend, we all thoroughly enjoyed my newest sweet treat, Chocolate Chip Cookie Pudding Cake! When I was trying to think of something to make, I asked my three year old son what he thought I should make. He was adamant that I make something with chocolate chip cookies. Since I already had some store bought cookie dough, I decided to make this pudding cake!! Not only was it simple to make, but each piece we ate got better and better. I am telling you, if you are going to make this, I highly recommend making it the day before you want to eat it. Although it was amazing on day one, it was WAY better on day two! By day three, it was just about gone, so that was just a sad day, haha! This is the perfect sweet treat to bring to gatherings, or to make for company since it makes a large tray! Enjoy!
- 1 (16.5 oz) tube refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (12 oz) container cool whip, thawed **you can also make your own if desired
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 (3.9 oz) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips (depending on how many you want to sprinkle on top)
- Allow the cookie dough to stand at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes. Open tube and press dough into a layer on a 9 x 13, ungreased baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for about 14-16 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and fluffy. Add in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping. Mix well.
- Spread cream cheese layer on top of the cooled cookie layer.
- In a bowl, combine the milk with both the chocolate and vanilla pudding mixes and beat for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Spread pudding layer on top of cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining cool whip on top of pudding layer.
- Sprinkle desired amount of chocolate chips on top of cake.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours. Keep refrigerated when not eating!