Hot fudge pudding cake. Sounds amazing, right? Not only is this incredibly easy to make, but it is perfect for any chocolate lovers out there!! My favorite way to serve this is straight out of the oven, with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Although not the prettiest cake to serve, this sure is one of the tastiest. Warm, moist cake with a chocolate fudge pudding layer that oozes out once scooped into servings bowls. Can’t beat that, huh?? I made this last week for my family and we sure enjoyed it! Next time you have company over, want a chocolate treat, or are looking for a tasty dessert, definitely try this!!
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- Vanilla ice-cream (if desired)
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the milk, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Mix well.
- Spread batter into a greased 9 inch square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup cocoa powder.
- Sprinkle dry mixture evenly over cake batter.
- Pour hot water evenly over dry mixture, do not stir.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and scoop into bowls. Serve with ice-cream if desired.