These Amazing Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts are melt in your mouth tasty, light and fluffy, and less calories since they are baked, not fried!
Years ago, when our kids were really young, my hubby got into the tradition of making baked donuts each week. The kids always got so excited because he would change them up, and some even included sprinkles. Plus, what kid doesn’t enjoy a good donut, right??!
Love donuts?? Check out these family favorites:
As the kids got older, they started asking for different things such as pancakes, waffles, eggs, etc….so our baked donut days took a backseat.
Well, the other day, my hubby and I were sipping our coffee and trying to think of what we were in the mood to have for breakfast. My youngest kiddo came in the room and requested donuts!
Since it had been quite a long time, my hubby happily obliged and jumped into action. We decided to make cinnamon sugar donuts since everyone enjoys those and in no time, these were ready to devour!
These are quite simple to prepare, light and fluffy on the inside, and a slight crisp outside. The cinnamon sugar coating is what really makes these phenomenal and is my favorite part.
Fluffy, perfectly sweet, and simple to make. These donuts are a must try!
Being baked, clean up is much easier than when fried, plus, you’re saving all the calories from not using oil to fry them. Its a win win, right?!
Whether you enjoy for a breakfast, afternoon snack, or evening sweet treat…..these will be a hit!
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think, if you try them!
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter below! Simply add your email address and you’re set! I will send you my latest recipes, directly to your inbox, so you never miss out!
Don’t pass these Amazing Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts up! Be sure to print the recipe below and give them a try!!
Amazing Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Grease a donut pan and divide the batter amongst 6 donut wells.
- Place pan in a preheated oven, 375 degrees, and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- While donuts are baking, combine the sugar and cinnamon together for the topping.
- Pour melted butter into a shallow bowl.
- Once donuts are out of the oven, dip the top of the donut into the butter, followed by dipping into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Continue process until all donuts have been thoroughly coated.
- Serve and enjoy!