These Cinnamon Sugar Donuts are melt in your mouth tasty, light and fluffy, and less calories since they are baked, not fried!
Years ago, when our kids were really young, my hubby got into the tradition of making baked donuts each week. The kids always got so excited because he would change them up, and some even included sprinkles.
As the kids got older, they started asking for different things such as pancakes, waffles, eggs, etc….so our baked donut days took a backseat.
Well, yesterday, he and I were sipping our coffee and trying to think of what we were in the mood to have for breakfast. My youngest kiddo came in the room and requested donuts!
Since it had been quite a long time, my hubby happily obliged and jumped into action. We decided to make cinnamon sugar donuts since everyone enjoys those and in no time, these were ready to go!
These are quite simple to prepare, light and fluffy on the inside, and a slight crisp outside. The cinnamon sugar coating is what really makes these phenomenal and is my favorite part.
Being baked, clean up is much easier than when fried, plus, you’re saving all the calories from not using oil. Its a win win, right?!
Whether you enjoy for a breakfast, afternoon snack, or evening sweet treat…..these will be a hit!
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think, if you try them!
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter below! Simply add your email address and you’re set! I will send you my latest recipes, directly to your inbox, so you never miss out! Plus, I do monthly prize giveaways for my subscribers only. Coming up is an Instant Pot giveaway. You don’t want to miss that, right?!
Donut Pans (I use and love): https://amzn.to/2HqBZja
Amazing Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Grease a donut pan and divide the batter amongst 6 donut wells.
- Place pan in a preheated oven, 375 degrees, and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- While donuts are baking, combine the sugar and cinnamon together for the topping.
- Pour melted butter into a shallow bowl.
- Once donuts are out of the oven, dip the top of the donut into the butter, followed by dipping into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Continue process until all donuts have been thoroughly coated.
- Serve and enjoy!