These Incredible Apple Cider Donuts are just that….INCREDIBLE! Melt in your mouth, cinnamon sugar coated donuts that everyone will love!
This past weekend, my hubby woke up early and surprised us with these for Sunday breakfast! Impressive, right?!
Well, he and the kids are HUGE breakfast fans…whereas I am not. I could very easily skip breakfast and be just fine, haha!
When I came into the kitchen and smelled these tasty donuts, of course I had to immediately volunteer to be the taste tester.
One bite in, I was hooked. The donuts literally melt in your mouth! Plus, the cinnamon sugar coating mixed with apple taste of the donut was the perfect combination!
As my kids woke up, they came down the stairs and asked what was making the house smell so good. They took one look and were stoked for homemade donuts!
We all enjoyed our share of donuts that morning (probably a few too many, lol) and had happy tummies! Nothing screams Fall more than apple goodies, right?!
Since the batch made lots, we shared some with my parents and saved the rest for breakfasts this week!
We have been warming the donuts in the microwave for about fifteen seconds each morning. Perfectly warm and still melting in our mouth each bite we eat! YUM!
If you’re a donut lover, give these INCREDIBLE Apple Cider Donuts a try and let me know what you think! Let’s connect on Instagram HERE!
Electric Skillet: https://amzn.to/2Gr5ovm
Donut Cutter: https://amzn.to/2SHdP8x
Don’t forget to check out my donut recipes here!!
Incredible Apple Cider Donuts
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 3 1/2 cups flour *all purpose
- 2/3 cup brown sugar *light
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tablespoon butter *melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups vegetable oil *for frying
- Heat apple cider in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 1 cup. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together butter, eggs and apple cider. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist, cover and place into the refrigerator until chilled.
- Divide dough in half. Working on a lightly floured surface, roll dough into 1/2-inch-thick rounds; cut out rounds with a 2 1/2-inch cutter. Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 375 degrees F.
- Working in batches, add donuts to the Dutch oven and cook until evenly golden and crispy, 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate for 30 seconds; then roll warm donuts in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat. Serve.
FULL DIRECTIONS HERE: https://damndelicious.net/2017/12/19/apple-cider-donuts/