Looking for a tasty quick bread recipe? This Old Fashioned Applesauce Bread is flavorful, easy to make, and perfect for breakfast or snacktime!
Don’t you just love a good quick bread? In my house, breads go FAST! My kids look at one “slice” as being about half the loaf, haha!
One afternoon last week, I had some free time in the afternoon and decided to do some baking. I really should be doing Christmas baking, but chose to procrastinate that a bit more and make this Old Fashioned Applesauce Bread.
Not only did it come together quickly, but my house smelled incredible as it baked!
Since my parents live down the street from us (such a Blessing), I had my daughter run two slices down to them so they could be my taste testers.
Within a few minutes, my mom had text me a selfie of both my dad and her enjoying their bread and raving how incredible it was!
My hubby and kids enjoyed theirs with some melted butter on top and let me tell you, the bread was gone in record time!
I don’t think it even lasted 2 days in my house!
Make a double batch and enjoy some now, while freezing some for later! This bread also makes great gifts for teachers, friends, and family!
Make sure you check out all the other quick bread recipes on the blog as there are several! Click HERE!
Don’t forget to come connect with me on Instagram HERE and let me know if you try this bread! Enjoy!
Old Fashioned Applesauce Bread
- 2 1/4 cup flour *all purpose
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 4 mini loaf pans, or 1 large loaf pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans and place pans into preheated oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes if mini loaves, and about 60-70 minutes if large loaf.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from pan and serving!