Moist, tender, Baked Apple Cider Donuts are a great Fall treat! Flavorful, simple to make, and a family favorite!
My hubby is known as “Mr. Breakfast” in our house. He (and the kids) LOVE anything revolving around breakfast. Me on the other hand, I typically am not a fan and eat something small and quick, like a protein bar. Over the years, he has made tons of muffins, coffee cakes, scones, waffles, pancakes, and more. If you find a breakfast item on the blog, chances are, he was the one who made it!
Check out a few of our favorite breakfast here:
Last weekend, the kids requested donuts for breakfast and I assumed we’d make a run to the local donut shop. Nope, my hubby had other plans and chose to whip these Baked Apple Cider Donuts up! We had all the ingredients on hand, the kids were asking to help him, and before long….these tasty treats were ready to enjoy!
The cinnamon sugar coating complimented the apple flavor in the donut perfectly! The texture of the donut was moist, tender, and quite Heavenly.
We used our donut pan to prepare these, however, if you want to make them into muffins, you can easily go that route too!
Not only did I get to sit back and relax while these were prepared (lucky me, right?!), but I also got to enjoy the end result. Paired with my cup of coffee, it was a delicious treat!
Now that its Fall, prepare a batch of these donuts and enjoy the weather changes! Share some with your friends, family, or keep for yourself (I won’t judge, lol)!
Enjoy and let me know how they turn out!
Baked Apple Cider Donuts are a flavorful Fall treat the whole family will enjoy! Print the recipe below and be sure to give them a try!
Baked Apple Cider Donuts
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon yogurt (plain)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- CINNAMON SUGAR COATING
- 3 tablespoon butter, unsalted, melted
- 2 tablespoon apple cider
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your donut pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the apple cider until it begins to simmer.
- Continue simmering (and stirring) for about 10 minutes, or until liquid has been reduced by about half.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the cider mixture with the sugar, egg, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Combine the dry ingredient mixture with the cider/egg/yogurt mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pipe the batter into the donut cavities evenly. (you can pour batter into a Ziploc bag, cut the corner of the bag off, and pipe the batter in that way)
- Place donut pan into preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.
- To prepare topping: combine 2 tablespoon of the apple cider reduction with the melted butter and place in container large enough to dip donuts into.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cinnamon/sugar.
- To coat donuts, dip one side into the butter mixture and immediately dip into the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Set onto a cooling rack or serve immediately! Enjoy!
Recipe updated 10/13/21