This Instant Pot Sausage Gravy is both simple and delicious! Serve it over biscuits for a hearty breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
There is nothing better than waking up and enjoying biscuits and gravy, am I right?!?! Or, enjoying it as a hearty lunch and dinner option! It’s the kind of food that is good anytime because its comfort food at its finest!
Typically, I make mine in a cast iron skillet over the stove, but last week, I decided to once again, go the Instant Pot route. For those of you that don’t have an Instant Pot, click here, https://thecookinchicks.com/biscuits-and-gravy-skillet/ for the stovetop version!
Taking only about 5 minutes to prepare and a 2 minute cook time, this sausage gravy came out incredible and even my kiddos went crazy over it!
I chose to serve ours over canned biscuits because we were having it for dinner and I was pressed for time. If you choose to make homemade biscuits, more power to you, it’ll be great either way!!
The country style gravy was perfectly seasoned with pepper and was the perfect consistency. I made some hash browns to go with our dinner and we all had happy tummies.
Thanks to the Instant Pot, we had a quick, flavorful, and simple dinner on the table in no time! The leftovers reheated perfectly for breakfast the next morning, so it was a double win!
Hope you enjoy!
Be sure to sign up for my newsletter below by entering your email! You’ll receive my newest recipes directly to your inbox, as well as prize giveaways and exclusive content!
Are you on Instagram?? Be sure to follow me here, https://www.instagram.com/thecookinchicks/ and use the hashtag #thecookinchicks so I can see what you’re cooking!
Instant Pot: https://amzn.to/2UYwyLy
Cast Iron Skillet: https://amzn.to/2GMqMsF
Instant Pot Sausage Gravy
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup Omit if using the maple flavored pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper I use a bit more, so season to taste
- On your Instant Pot, hit the saute function and add the sausage once display reads "hot".
- Cook sausage until no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
- Add in the unsalted butter and allow to melt.
- Sprinkle flour over meat and stir to incorporate. Allow to cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in the milk, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- Turn off saute function and place lid securely on top.
- Ensure valve is to sealing position.
- Cook mixture on manual, high pressure, for 2 minutes.
- Do a quick release. Once pin drops, open lid and stir.
- Mixture will thicken as it stands for a few minutes. If you need to thicken up more, turn sauté function back on for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve gravy over cooked biscuits. Enjoy!