This Back to School Casserole is quick to prepare, packed with flavor, and family approved! Pasta, chicken, veggies, and seasoning combined into a dish everyone will love!
Have your kids started school yet? I don’t know about your newsfeed on Facebook, but mine has been loaded with back to school pictures this week. Crazy how different states start at such different times though!
My kids start school next week and with that comes homework, busy nights, after school activities, and more! Dinner prep becomes something I try to do earlier in the day, and of course….casseroles get added to the meal plan!
This Back to School Casserole is packed with pasta, chicken, and veggies. Add some rolls or fruit and its a full meal!
I tend to use rotini pasta in this, but whatever you have on hand works as well! If you prefer a certain veggie, use that in place of the mixed veggies it calls for. Lots of ways to change this casserole up to fit your preferences!
Here are the casserole pans I use and love: https://amzn.to/2Kx60yQ
The best part of all, it takes little to no prep and can be made ahead of when needed. I tend to make this earlier in the day and simply pop into the oven come dinnertime. We almost always have leftovers (unless having tons of people over), so we get to enjoy this for lunch or dinner again the next day!
Even my kids enjoy this, so I would say its safe to call this “kid approved”!
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think! Hope all the kids have a wonderful school year ahead!
Check out my other tasty casseroles here: https://thecookinchicks.com/category/casseroles/
*Be sure to scroll below and sign up for my newsletter! Simply add your email address to be added! You’ll receive my latest recipes sent directly to your inbox!
Back to School Casserole
- 3 cups chicken, cooked/shredded
- 3 cups cooked pasta (I use Rotini, but use whatever you have on hand)
- 20 oz. cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 6 oz French fried onions
- 2 cups mixed veggies *I used frozen
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken, cooked pasta, cream of chicken soup, broth, milk, 1/2 container of fried onions, veggies, garlic, seasoning salt, and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese on top and cover pan with foil.
- Place in preheated oven, 350 degrees, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle remaining container of fried onions evenly on top.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve! Enjoy!