Looking for an easy chicken casserole recipe? Give this one a try! Loaded with chicken, pasta, and veggies, this casserole is a one pan meal!
Are you a fan of casseroles? I sure am! There is something so cozy and comforting about them! Plus, most of the time they can be made using minimal effort which is perfect for a busy mom of three kids such as myself!
Last week, as I was reviewing my schedule for the day, I realized my family was packed with after school activities and meetings. Knowing we wouldn’t have a lot of time to spend on dinner, I was able to prep this casserole earlier in the day and simply place in the oven once dinnertime came around.
Since the dish has veggies, pasta, and chicken all combined into one…it was a one pan meal everyone enjoyed!
Creamy and savory casserole with chicken, onion, bacon, and more combined into a flavorful dish ready to devour in under 45 minutes!
This casserole is the perfect throw-together weeknight recipe. You can prepare this ahead of time, make a double batch and freeze a pan for later, or simply make it for a quick dinner on those busy nights! Quick, easy, kid approved, and budget friendly! Doesn’t get much better than that, right?!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use different vegetables in this casserole? Absolutely! Whatever veggies you prefer, go for it! Perhaps corn, green beans, asparagus, mushrooms, etc.
Do I have to use cream of chicken in this? Nope! Cream of mushroom or celery works great too!
How can I make this casserole even easier? If you are short on time and don’t have any cooked chicken, grab a rotisserie chicken from the store and debone it! Works great and saves lots of time!
What should I serve with this dinner? Being a one pan meal, you don’t have to add anything to it! However, if you are like my hubby and want a few things on your plate, a side salad, fresh fruit, or dinner rolls pair perfectly with this!
How do I add a kick to this casserole? If you like things spicy, how about adding in a can of diced green chili peppers or jalapenos?? You can even add a splash of hot sauce prior to serving!
Love casseroles? Check out these other great recipes from the blog:
Ingredients needed for this easy chicken casserole:
Cream of Chicken Soup
Half and Half
French’s Fried Onions
How to prepare:
Spray 9×13 baking pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the cream of chicken, sour cream, half & half, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Add in the chicken, bacon, onions, mixed vegetables, 1/2 the fried onions, cheeses, and pasta.
Transfer mixture to prepared pan.
Cover pan with foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
Remove foil and add remaining fried onions on top.
Place pan back into oven to bake an additional 6-7 minutes.
Remove from oven and enjoy!
Easy Chicken Casserole is a creamy and comforting meal topped with crispy French’s Fried Onions. It’s the perfect dinner casserole for busy weeknights. Print the recipe below and be sure to give it a try!
Easy Chicken Casserole
- 1 onion *diced
- 10.75 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup bacon *cooked/crumbled
- 1 cup mixed vegetables
- 2 cups chicken *cooked/shredded
- 12 oz egg noodles *cooked/drained
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese *shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese *shredded
- 6 oz French's Fried Onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, half & half, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add in the onion, bacon, chicken, mixed vegetables, cooked pasta, cheeses, and 1/2 the fried onions.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and cover pan with foil.
- Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle remaining fried onions on top.
- Place pan back into the oven to bake an additional 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!