This viral TikTok Chicken Cobbler Recipe is a delicious one pan meal that combines buttery biscuits, mixed vegetables, and shredded chicken into one hearty dish! A comfort food meal that uses simple ingredients and a shortcut box of cheddar bay biscuit mix! Dinner can be ready for the oven in no time!
TikTok Chicken Cobbler Casserole
Chicken Cobbler is a recipe that has gone absolutely viral on TikTok. When I first came across it, I was immediately intrigued and knew I had to give it a try. An easy family friendly recipe is just what I am always on the hunt for. Plus, if you’ve ever had Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits, you know they are incredible. Adding those as the topping to this casserole is a genius idea that can’t be beat! With just a few changes to the original recipe, this viral chicken cobbler came together in no time and was an instant hit with my family!
Why you will love this viral recipe
- SO Flavorful– creamy chicken, tender vegetables, and a Red Lobster Biscuit topping make this chicken pot pie cobbler a must try!
- Quick and Easy– basically a dump and go meal, this includes your protein, veggie, and starch all in one convenient baking dish.
- Pure Comfort Food– this one pan meal is a favorite on cold weather nights, there’s just nothing cozier!
- Family Approved– my three kids and hubby gave this two thumbs up, I call that a win!
Ingredients Needed for this Easy Chicken Cobbler Recipe
Using simple ingredients, you may already have everything needed on hand to make this Red Lobster Biscuit Casserole. See printable recipe card below for exact measurements and instructions.
- Butter– melted butter, unsalted is what I use, but salted butter works great too
- Chicken– cooked and shredded is best, to save on time, you can also use Rotisserie chicken
- Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix– you’ll find this in the baking aisle of your grocery store. If you don’t have any, here is a homemade version or you can use Bisquick.
- Milk– any type works
- Frozen Vegetables– I use frozen mixed vegetables, but feel free to use any veggie you prefer
- Chicken Broth– reduced sodium is my go-to, vegetable broth works great too, chicken stock works too
- Cream of Chicken Soup– just one can, can be store brand if preferred.
Variations and Substitutions
- Use vegetable broth in place of the chicken broth.
- Rotisserie chicken works great instead of having to cook and shred chicken.
- In place of the Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix, you can use Bisquick for a Bisquick Chicken Cobbler.
- Add 2 cups of your favorite shredded cheese in between the layers for a cheesy addition.
- You can add additional seasonings to really enhance the flavor. Spices such as garlic powder, onion powder, all-purpose seasoning, salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning work great in this chicken casserole.
- For an added flavor boost, combine the biscuit seasoning packet with 4 tablespoon melted butter and brush on top of the casserole once baked.
How to make this Chicken Cobbler Recipe with Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Prep- preheat oven to 400 degrees and spread melted butter into 9×13 casserole dish.
- Combine- in a medium bowl, combine the biscuit mix with milk.
- Layer- sprinkle chicken and frozen veggies in an even layer on bottom of pan. Pour biscuit mixture over chicken and veggies, do not mix. In small bowl, whisk together the cream of chicken and broth. Pour over the biscuit mixture, again, not mixing.
- Bake- place cheddar bay chicken bake into oven and bake for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve- remove from oven and allow to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
- To save time, you can melt the butter in the oven. Simply add the butter into your pan and stick in the oven while it is preheating, and you are gathering the other ingredients. Once its melted, you can proceed with the rest of the directions.
- Be sure not to mix the layers together. The biscuit layer should not be mixed with the chicken layer, and the broth sits on top of the biscuits. Once it cooks in the oven, all combines perfectly.
- When whisking your biscuit mix with the milk, it is okay if you have some lumps. That is normal.
- I highly recommend adding the melted butter/biscuit seasoning packet together and brushing it on top of the bake once it rests from oven. It adds so much tasty flavor.
Chicken Cobbler Leftovers
Leftovers from this red lobster casserole reheat perfectly!
- Refrigerator- allow leftovers to fully cool before storing in an airtight container up to 4 days in your fridge.
- Freezer- place leftovers in a freezer safe container up to 3 months. Allow to thaw before reheating.
- Reheating– reheat leftovers in the microwave heating in 30 second increments until desired temperature is reached.
Freezer Meal Directions
This viral chicken cobbler recipe makes the perfect freezer meal! Follow these simple steps and it lasts perfectly in the freezer up to 3 months.
- Assemble casserole as directed in recipe up until it is ready to place into oven.
- Wrap casserole with plastic wrap AND aluminum foil and place in freezer.
- Once ready to bake, remove from freezer the day before and allow to thaw overnight in refrigerator.
- Place pan into oven and cook as directed. You may need to add additional cook time if casserole is not fully thawed.
Chicken Cobbler FAQ’s
Can I use anything other than chicken in this recipe?
Absolutely! Any leftover meat will work great. In fact, I plan on using our leftover Thanksgiving turkey to make a turkey version after Thanksgiving.
What should I serve with this Cheddar Bay Biscuit Chicken Casserole?
Since this meal already includes your protein, vegetables, and starch, it really is a meal in itself. However, if your family is like mine, they like a bit of variety on their plates. I love adding a side salad to this meal, or some roasted vegetables such as asparagus, Brussel sprouts, carrots, or green beans!
Can I add in potatoes to make this heartier and more chicken pot pie like?
Absolutely! My mom made this for our family a few weeks ago and did just that. It was an incredible addition. Simply peel and dice your potatoes and pre-cook them a bit before adding them in. You want them slightly soft going in, so they are perfectly tender once cobbler is cooked.
Is this recipe the same one from Tiktok?
Yes, although I have changed a few things and tweaked the assembly process to make the topping a bit more biscuit like and less soggy!
What is the easiest way to cook chicken?
My go-to method is using my slow cooker. I add my chicken breasts, some chicken broth, and occasionally some all-purpose seasoning. I cook on low for about 6-8 hours, shred the chicken and use in any recipe needed. I tend to double the chicken amount needed, allow chicken to fully cool, and freeze for another recipe!
More Chicken Cobbler Recipes to try
ULTIMATE Chicken Casserole– tender noodles, shredded chicken, bacon, corn, and more!
Best Ever Chicken and Rice Bake– a classic one pan meal full of tender chicken and creamy rice, all baked together to perfection! This hearty dish requires only a few simple ingredients!
Parmesan Chicken Casserole– comes together in no time using only 6 ingredients! Flavorful, family approved, and a blog favorite!
Forgotten Chicken– chicken breasts, rice, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, and Lipton onion soup mix. Creamy, savory, and absolutely delicious!
Ritzy Chicken Casserole– a family favorite recipe with creamy shredded chicken baked under a buttery Ritz cracker topping! This quick and easy comfort food dish is ready for the oven in only a few minutes!
Chicken Cobbler recipe offers a delightful twist on the classic comfort food. The combination of tender chicken, savory vegetables, and a buttery biscuit topping creates a satisfying and hearty dish that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re looking to impress guests or simply craving a cozy meal at home, this recipe is sure to please. So go ahead and give it a try – your taste buds will thank you! Be sure to comment below if you give it a try and let me know what you think!
TikTok Chicken Cobbler Recipe
- 4 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 lb chicken cooked/shredded
- 1 box Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix
- 2 cups milk
- 12 oz frozen vegetables
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spread melted butter on bottom of 9x13 baking pan.
- Sprinkle shredded chicken and frozen vegetables over melted butter.
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix and milk. Pour mixture over the chicken and vegetables, do NOT stir.
- Whisk together the chicken soup and broth in a small bowl.
- Pour mixture on top of the biscuit layer, again, not mixing.
- Place pan into preheated oven and bake about 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for about 5-10 minutes before serving. As a HUGE flavor boost, melt 4 tablespoon butter in bowl and combine with the seasoning packet that came with the biscuit mix. Brush mixture over casserole as its resting. Optional, but adds great flavor!