A few weeks ago, I made about 10 pans of this stroganoff for neighbors and friends. Each and every family said they thoroughly enjoyed it and it was a hit with their family. Not only was the incredibly simple to make, but it was packed with flavor. I was able to have this ready to go in no time, and even all three of my kids ate their meal happily! You can use ground beef or ground turkey in this recipe, I typically use turkey since I rarely buy beef. For a comforting weeknight dinner, look no further!! Enjoy!
- 3 cups egg noodles
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 oz fresh sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- 3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain water.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter.
- Add in the onions and cook on medium high for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms and garlic and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add in meat (turkey or beef) and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Add in the Worcestershire sauce and black pepper.
- Sprinkle the flour over the meat mixture and simmer for about 1 minute.
- Pour in the broth, cooking for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Add cooked pasta to the mixture and mix well.
- Spoon into a 2 quart baking pan.
- Bake uncovered at 375 for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!!