My family LOVES having a bread item with their dinners. I like changing it up from rolls, to garlic bread, to biscuits, etc. I made these dinner rolls a few days ago using the dough cycle of my bread machine and they were amazing! If you have ever been to Texas Roadhouse and had their rolls, these are quite similar! My kids went crazy over them and the recipe itself made 16 rolls, so I was able to put the leftovers into the freezer for a later time! If you are short on time during the week, make these on a weekend and throw them in the freezer. Simply take them out before you want to eat them and either stick them in the oven to warm up, or allow them to thaw to room temperature! Either way, your family will love these!!
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp bread machine or active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp butter, melted (use for brushing on rolls once cooked)
- Place all ingredients into the bread machine pan in order listed above. *Do not add the melted butter yet.
- Lock pan into bread machine and select dough cycle.
- Once cycle is completed, remove dough using floured hands and place into a bowl.
- Cover and allow to dough to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Grease a cookie sheet and divide dough into 16 equal pieces.
- Roll each dough piece into a ball and place on a cookie sheet.
- Cover cookie sheet and allow to rise for about 30-40 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush melted butter on top of rolls.