Five ingredients is all you need to make this Homemade Pizza Crust! Quick and easy, skip ordering out and make this at home recipe with the toppings you love!
Over the years, my hubby and I have perfected pizza. Early on in our marriage, I would go to the grocery store and buy premade crust (yes, Boboli). I never realized how simple to it was to make from scratch.
Fluffy, flavorful crust ready in no time, made in the convenience of your own home! Perfect with your favorite toppings added!
After having a craving for pizza one night, but not having any crust on hand, my hubby suggested we attempt our own version. Since then, we no longer buy premade dough, but now get to try new variations of our classic recipe.
I typically cheat and use my bread machine on the dough cycle. It makes life so much easier, and I get the same end result! I have included the non bread machine version below however, for those of you that don’t have a machine.
For years, we have used my Beer Dough recipe for all our pizzas. We even use the dough to make calzones, which I LOVE!! The beer adds such tasty flavor, but of course burns off, so the kids can enjoy it with us!
However, last week, my hubby was in the mood for a thinner crust. The Beer Dough recipe above creates a more hand tossed/thick crust, and he didn’t want all the “bread”.
We decided to resort back to our classic recipe, which I realized I have never blogged. Eight years of blogging and the recipe we make weekly, I hadn’t shared! Not good, I know!
Since it turned out incredible and I actually was able to take a picture prior to use digging in, what better time to share it now, since we are all home under quarantine, right?!
Love pizza?? Check out these other pizza favorites:
Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizza
We typically cook ours in a cast iron pizza pan on our smoker/grill. You can also use the oven, and any pizza pan you have! One thing I love about my cast iron pizza pan is it helps the pizza obtain a slight crisp to the crust, but still soft and fluffy in the center!
If you are a pizza fan like we are, look no further because this Homemade Pizza Crust is going to be your new favorite! Add some fun toppings to it, change up your sauce to include an alfredo or BBQ sauce. You can even brush melted butter and Parmesan on the crust to really be wild and crazy!
Hope you enjoy!!
*The pizza in the picture above has leftover brisket, onion, and green peppers on it!
Homemade Pizza Crust: Print Recipe below!
Homemade Pizza Crust
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour *all purpose
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast *you can also use bread machine yeast
- In a bread machine pan, add in the water.
- Pour the sugar and salt into the water.
- Pour flour over the water mixture.
- Create a well in the center of the flour and add in the yeast.
- Secure pan into bread machine and start dough cycle.
- Once dough is complete, flour a pizza pan and place dough into pan.
- Roll out dough using hands or a roller until pan is covered.
- Add desired sauce and toppings.
- Place pan in a preheated oven (400 degrees) for about 20 minutes. You can also put on the grill/smoker (500 degrees) for about 10-15 minutes.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in hot water in a bowl. Let stand until yeast forms a creamy foam, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Mix flour and salt in a large bowl. Pour in yeast mixture; mix well until dough comes together.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead until smooth, about 2 minutes. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle.
- Transfer to a greased pizza pan.
*To make crust without using a bread machine:
Dissolve yeast and sugar in hot water in a bowl. Let stand until yeast forms a creamy foam, 5 to 8 minutes.
Mix flour and salt in a large bowl. Pour in yeast mixture; mix well until dough comes together. Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead until smooth, about 2 minutes. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a greased pizza pan.