This Beer Pizza Dough is quick to prepare and adds great flavor to any pizza creation! Season it with your choice of toppings and forget going out!
Recently, I decided to attempt making pizza dough. I have tried my hand at making several types in the past, and all have turned out mediocre. They haven’t been “bad”, but they certainly weren’t a favorite. I was reading a magazine a few weeks back and it talked about using beer in pizza to add an extra boost of flavor. I was quite curious as to how it would taste and let me tell ya, it’s amazing!!
My hubby and I both went crazy over it and his exact words were “you could make this every week and I wouldn’t get tired of it”, hehe! Not only did it take me no time to put it together, but my bread machine did most of the work!
The beer added a boost of flavor, yet it wasn’t too strong. Even my kiddos loved it!! Whether you do “Pizza Friday” or are just in the mood to make a yummy pizza dough, this recipe is a must try! This will make one large pizza, or two personal sized pizzas!!
Tools I used to make this:
Bread Machine: https://amzn.to/2RHSewe
Cast Iron Pizza Pan: https://amzn.to/2RGl9Rs
Pizza Slicer: https://amzn.to/2ygQ3t1
Rolling Pin: https://amzn.to/3eoel4V
Beer Pizza Dough
- 1 cup flat beer *I use a dark ale
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- Olive Oil
- Toppings of your choosing
- In a bread machine, pour in the beer.
- Add in the butter, sugar, salt, and flour on top of the beer.
- Create a well in the middle of the flour and add in the yeast.
- Lock bread pan into machine and start dough cycle.
- Once dough is complete, remove from the machine and place into a greased bowl.
- Cover bowl and allow to rise for about an hour.
- Roll dough out onto a pizza stone/pan to desired thickness.
- Brush lightly with olive oil.
- Proceed to add sauce and toppings of your choosing.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 400 degrees, for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slice and serve!