This Easy Beer Bread comes together using only 6 ingredients and is packed with flavor, making it the perfect side dish to any meal!
A few years back, my mom started making a tasty bread we now call her “Herbed Beer Bread“. Most of the time, it is served with Chicken Noodle Soup and we all leave that meal with happy tummies! In fact, that meal is my sons most requested meal choice, birthdays included, haha!
Since I love a good bread item to enjoy with my dinner, I had planned on making a loaf of my Bread Machine White Bread to go with our meal.
Unfortunately, my plan failed as I lost track of time and dinner creeped up on me, with no bread in the machine!
Deciding to try a new version of bread, this Easy Beer Bread came about and was a huge hit!
I had the bread prepped and ready for the oven in less time than it took the oven to preheat! Crazy, right?!
We served ours with a bit of butter on top, but since I couldn’t wait to taste test it, I got to enjoy it fresh from the oven as is and it was just as delicious!
One thing I will note is to choose a beer that you enjoy. My husband drinks IPA beer and I used that in this. As we were enjoying it, he chuckled at the fact he could easily identify the taste of his favorite beer in it.
Don’t worry though, if you’re not a beer fan, you will still enjoy this!
The bread itself is moist, slightly sweetened, and has an incredible texture! My kids, mom, and hubby all gave it two thumbs up, so I will take that as a win!
Recipe adapted from: Striped Spatula
Easy Beer Bread
- 3 cups flour *all purpose
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar *decrease by 1 tbsp if you prefer a less sweet bread
- 12 oz beer *room temperature is best
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Grease a loaf pan and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Pour in the beer and stir until just combined. *dough will be thick at this point.
- Spread dough as best as possible into prepared loaf pan.
- Pour melted butter evenly on top of dough and place pan into oven.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly prior to serving!