Out of all the chicken noodle soup recipes, this one is my favorite and is in heavy rotation during the Fall/Winter months. Packed with flavor, tender vegetables, shredded chicken, and bacon bits…..this hearty soup is a favorite with all!
Having a family of five, I try to keep my meals family friendly. Anything with pasta and chicken is usually safe from my picky eaters, which makes this soup one of our go to meals! Shredded chicken, diced carrots, celery, pasta, and bacon…combined with a flavorful broth leads to me having lots of empty soup bowls after dinner, haha!
Since my hubby isn’t a fan of soup, I tend to make ours a bit hearty and less “soup” like….however, if you want to add a bit more liquid, add an extra cup or two of broth and it’ll still be scrumptious!
Leftovers go quickly and this soup freezes perfectly! Even my kids ask to take the leftovers in their thermos’ to school! That in itself should prove just how tasty this is, right?!?!
I serve ours with warm, crusty bread and a side salad, but the choices are endless! Perhaps a side of fruit? Rolls? Crescents? Etc.
Perfect for those cold Fall/winter evenings or if you are feeling under the weather! This soup will warm you up, be simple to prepare, make the house smell wonderful, and quite budget friendly!
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think if you try it!
This is the Dutch Oven I use and LOVE: https://amzn.to/2D8o9Qg Great gift idea too!!
Ultimate Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 can condensed cheese soup (10.75 oz)
- 6-8 cups chicken broth (I use 6)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 package dry Ranch dressing mix
- 2.25 oz bacon bits (or 1 cup choppedcooked bacon)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz egg noodles
- In a large Dutch oven, combine the chicken, cheese soup, broth, milk, celery, carrots, Ranch mix, and bacon bits.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Stir in the uncooked egg noodles and cheddar cheese.
- Allow to cook an additional 8 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Serve soup warm!!