Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup comes together in no time and is packed with flavor! Simple and family approved…be sure to give it a try!
When the weather is cold, I don’t know about you, but I love a warm, hearty soup.
If you were to ask my hubby if he agreed, he would quickly say NO. He’s not a huge soup fan, can you believe it?!?! We are definitely opposites in that area!
Luckily, over the years, we have met in the middle and he now enjoys hearty soups. The kind with substance to them, less broth like.
Last week, since the weather was chilly, I decided to make a new soup recipe!
Surprisingly, this was a HUGE hit with my family! As in, my kids and hubby even dipped their bread into their bowls to all but scrape the bowl clean!
Within 30 minutes, we were enjoying this with some tasty crusty bread!
Another side option would be a side salad! I opted for bread because, well, carbs are life, haha! You can check out my tasty bread recipes here!
If you are a soup lover like myself, definitely give this Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup a try! The savory broth alone is packed with flavor! With tons of veggies throughout, you’ll enjoy all the substance this soup includes!
Be sure to let me know what you think if you try it and come connect with me on Instagram HERE!
Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup
- 1 onion *diced
- 1 cup carrots *diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Basil, fresh *chopped
- 1 cup Spinach, fresh
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 24 oz pasta sauce *any flavor works
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 19 oz cheese tortellini *frozen or refrigerated
- Add the onion, carrots, and olive oil to a dutch oven or soup pot.
- Saute over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the Basil, spinach, chicken broth, milk, pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Allow mixture to simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the tortellini and simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with additional fresh Basil is desired!