Mom’s Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is made entirely from scratch in a fraction of the time! Delicious, hearty soup packed with flavor and perfect for those cold winter nights!
A few days ago, I posted Mom’s Herbed Beer Bread. In that post, I mentioned that my mom had made a new chicken noodle soup recipe last week and I would share it soon! Well, here it is! Mom’s latest recipe!
She whipped this up one evening to enjoy over the couple of days my dad was travelling on business. It ended up making enough for her to bring over a bowl for me to try and let me tell you, it was packed with flavor!
Tender noodles, veggies, and shredded chicken combined in a savory broth that everyone will enjoy!
Not only would this be a great option to make when having guests over, but it also freezes great, so no worries if you don’t want leftovers immediately!
With it being colder weather still, and sick season, this is a great, hearty option! Plus, you can’t beat mom’s cooking, right?!
Typically, chicken noodle soup can take a while because of needing to simmer it, but using the Instant Pot, this is made in a fraction of the time!
Toss the ingredients in, set the timer, and bam…. lunch or dinner is served!
Ingredients Needed for this Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup:
How to prepare:
First, turn the sauté function on and cook your veggies for a few minutes. This helps soften them a bit before the pressure process.
Add in your seasonings, chicken breasts, broth, and water.
Pressure cook on high for 7 minutes, followed by a natural pressure release.
Once pin drops, remove lid and shred chicken.
Turn the Instant Pot back to sauté and add in your pasta.
Allow pasta to cook for about 6 minutes, or until desired texture is reached.
Stir the soup and serve warm!
Tips for this easy chicken noodle soup:
If you want to freeze the soup, I recommend making the soup without pasta and adding pasta once ready to serve. Pasta tends to get mushy after freezing!
Feel free to change up the veggies in this soup to your desired favorites! Load it up or keep the soup a bit more brothy, your choice!
If you want to use bone-in meat, simply increase cook time to 10 minutes versus the 7 and debone once cooked.
Dark meat works great in this soup if you prefer!
More recipes you’ll love:
If you love flavor packed soups, this soup is for you! Mom’s Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is quick and easy comfort food at its finest! Print the recipe below and be sure to give it a try!
Mom's Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- Turn saute function on Instant Pot and add the butter.
- Once melted, add in the onions, carrots, and celery. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper, thyme, parsley, and oregano on top.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts on top, followed by the water.
- Turn saute function off and place lid securely on top.
- Ensure valve is to sealing postion and set to "soup" setting for 7 minutes.
- Once timer goes off, allow a natural pressure release.
- Once pressure has fully released and pin drops, remove lid and shred chicken using two forks.
- Turn saute function back on and add in the pasta.
- Allow to cook for about 6 minutes, or until pasta is cooked to desired texture.
- Turn off Instant Pot and season with any additional salt/pepper desired. Serve!