Chicken Noodle Soup is a classic recipe that is full of chicken, noodles, and veggies! Perfect comfort food, made in a fraction of the time using the Instant Pot!
A few days ago, I posted Mom’s Herbed Beer Bread. In that post, I mentioned that my mom had made a new chicken noodle soup recipe last week and I would share it soon! Well, here it is! Mom’s latest recipe!
She whipped this up one evening to enjoy over the couple of days my dad was travelling on business. It ended up making enough for her to bring over a bowl for me to try and let me tell you, it was packed with flavor!
The chicken was perfectly tender, as were the noodles and veggies! The broth was perfectly seasoned and it was a tasty meal!
Not only would this be a great option to make when having guests over, but it also freezes great, so no worries if you don’t want leftovers immediately!
With it being colder weather still, and sick season, this is a great, hearty option! Plus, you can’t beat mom’s cooking, right?!
Typically, chicken noodle soup can take a while because of needing to simmer it, but using the Instant Pot, this is made in a fraction of the time!
Toss the ingredients in, set the timer, and bam…..lunch or dinner is served!
Be sure to sign up for my newsletter below! Simply enter your email address and you’ll receive my latest recipes sent directly to your inbox! PLUS, I do monthly FREE giveaways for my subscribers only! An Instant Pot giveaway is coming up next!
Are you on Instagram?? So am I!! Be sure to follow me ( https://www.instagram.com/thecookinchicks/ ) and use the hashtag #thecookinchicks in your food posts!
Instant Pot: https://amzn.to/2ICVZkJ
Mom's Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 tsp parsley, dried
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- Turn saute function on Instant Pot and add the butter.
- Once melted, add in the onions, carrots, and celery. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper, thyme, parsley, and oregano on top.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts on top, followed by the water.
- Turn saute function off and place lid securely on top.
- Ensure valve is to sealing postion and set to "soup" setting for 7 minutes.
- Once timer goes off, allow a natural pressure release.
- Once pressure has fully released and pin drops, remove lid and shred chicken using two forks.
- Turn saute function back on and add in the pasta.
- Allow to cook for about 6 minutes, or until pasta is cooked to desired texture.
- Turn off Instant Pot and season with any additional salt/pepper desired. Serve!