Peach Cobbler Dump Cake

This past weekend, my parents had us over for a yummy Sunday lunch. She made her delicious pot roast, mashed potatoes, and veggies!! Then, she made this amazing dump cake for dessert!! I watched her put it together and it was so simple. This was my first time seeing how a dump cake was made and WOW, those are easy to make! The flavor was great and all of us happily ate it up! I have a feeling this is just the beginning of our adventures with dump cakes. Stay tuned for many more, hehe!!

Ingredients:

1 (29 oz) can sliced peaches w/ juice
1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
Vanilla Ice Cream (optional but highly recommended)

Directions:

Pour can of peaches and juice into the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan. You can cut peaches smaller if desired. Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of the peaches. Carefully spoon the melted butter on top of the cake mix. Sprinkle the nuts on top, if using. Bake in a preheated oven, 325, for about 45-50 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream!

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

34 comments

1. Erika says:

OMG! I just made this dessert for my husband and kids. This was my first time taking on a peach cobbler. So I went on Pinterest and there it was. I am telling you that this recipe is Amaaaaaazzzzing!!!!!! Its simple directions, easy to make and just sends the TASTE BUDS TO THE MOON. To The Cookin’ Chicks : Bravo! Thank you so much. My family enjoyed this delicious dessert. We will definitely make this over and share the recipe with our friends and family. I would recommend everyone to try this outstanding recipe. Thanks again.

2. Kristin and Adriana says:

Hehe, we LOVED reading your comment!!!! Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are so glad you all enjoyed it! My family considers it one of their favorite desserts! I love how simple it is 🙂
    Stay tuned for more “dump cakes”!!!

3. HM Bell says:

This sound great and easy. Wondering if you could use other fruit like blueberries?

4. Kristin says:

Hi!! Yep, other fruits works great! We haven’t tried blueberry but it should work the same! Sounds yummy! Let us know how it turns out 🙂

5. April says:

That looks great. My one concern before I make this is cakes usually call for eggs & oil. I understand adding butter which would take the place of the oil but what about the eggs? How does it become cake like without these items?

6. Kristin says:

Hi April! Although the name is dump cake, it is more similar to a cobbler in my opinion. The butter mixed with the cake mix does allow it to rise a bit, but it is not like a piece of cake you would eat. Trust me though, this is always a hit!! Hope you love it as well, 🙂

7. tiffni says:

I’m trying the cobbler now but with cherries and hopefully it’ll turn out good. Fingers crossed.

8. amanda vitale says:

Is it alright to use 2 cans of peaches? I like when cobblers have the extra fruit in it.

9. Kristin says:

Sure!! I have never tried it using two cans, but don’t see why it wouldn’t turn out just as good!!! Let us know what you think of it, 🙂

10. Jennifer says:

I’m trying it with a white cake mix (that’s ali I have). I hope it turns out alright. 🙂

11. Tuli says:

I love how you respond to everyone. You’re so sweet. I’m going to try this today. I’m a bit scared to pour the cake mix on the peaches, but I’m pretty adventurous.

12. Kristin says:

Awwww, thanks! I appreciate each and every comment, <3
    Don't be nervous to put the cake mix over the peaches, it'll turn out great!!! Let me know how it turns out! 🙂

13. Cheryl Pearson says:

I have used frozen blueberries by putting them in a boiler, adding a little sugar and cornstarch. Simmer until the mixture thickens a bit & this is delicious for the dump cake recipe! Always easy & delicious!

14. Arminuar says:

Do you need to add any extra sugar to the peaches to sweeten them a little? I have other peach cobbler recipes that requires you to add sugar to the peaches. Please advise. Thanks!

15. Andrea says:

I was thinking about trying it with pineapples and peaches do you think that could work?

16. Andrea says:

I did try it with canned pineapples and peaches and added a little bit of cinnamon . It was so good and I think it tastes better when it’s cold. Thanks for all of your awesome and easy recipes.

17. Allison says:

Can’t wait to make this for the family reunion this weekend. Will be making it in my pampered chef deep dish baker. Only should take 13 minutes in the microwave! Perfect while at camp!

18. Nicole says:

Do you think this would work with fresh peaches? Or do you have a suggestion about how I could make it work with fresh peaches?

I’ve got 4-6 peaches sitting in my fridge and I want to put them to good use before they spoil. Thanks in advance!

19. Kristin says:

Hi Nicole, yes you definitely can use the fresh peaches. Just slice them up and use them in place of the canned kind. It will be delicious! Let us know how it turns out and what you all think 🙂

20. Frank says:

Would this work with fresh peaches? They are plentiful this time of year. It seems ashamed to use canned when the real thing is out there.

21. Kristin says:

I agree! Although personally I have never tried it using fresh, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. My best piece of advice would be to cut the peaches into small wedges and perhaps cook them a bit in a saucepan to excrete some of the juices and create a syrup (similar to the canned version). Keep us posted on how it turns out!!

22. Mary says:

I made this and added cinnamon sugar and some cinnamon itself on top then spooned the melted butter on. I love the flavor as cobblers usually have it in them.

Comments are closed.