If you are a pasta lover, look no further! These Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Shells make a quick and easy dinner everyone will enjoy!
Being a mom of three kiddos, I love a tasty, kid friendly, EASY dinner! Pasta typically fits all three of those categories and is definitely a favorite in my house!
Although I don’t typically follow Meatless Monday, last week, I decided to change things up and give it a go. I made a spinach and cheese pasta, stuffed the shells, and used a meatless spaghetti sauce.
Not only was it a huge hit with everyone, but it was one of those meals that looked/tasted like I spent the afternoon in the kitchen, but in reality, I only spent about twenty minutes prepping!
If you want to incorporate meat into this, you definitely can. Either add cooked meat into the spinach/cheese mixture, or you can use a meat sauce on top!
This meal went perfectly with a fresh side salad and my favorite Garlic Parmesan Pull Apart Bread!
My kids not only finished everyone on their plates, but there were NO complaints! Including no complaints on having to eat spinach, which was quite shocking with my kids, haha!
All in all, these Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Shells are a great dinner (or lunch) option that everyone will enjoy! Pair with a salad, bread, or a veggie and you’ll have dinner on the table in no time!
Be sure to come connect with me on Instagram too! I love seeing what you all are up to in the kitchen! Tag #thecookinchicks so I can see what you’re cooking!
Recipe adapted from: Chef Savvy
Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Jumbo Pasta Shells *I use about 14
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups spinach *fresh is best
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- Cook pasta shells in boiling water until al dente (follow directions on back of box).
- While shells are cooking, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet and heat over medium high.
- Add in the onions and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the spinach and cook about 2 minutes, or until leaves are wilted.
- Place spinach mixture into a medium mixing bowl and add in the Ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Take about 1 cup of spaghetti sauce and spread on the bottom of a baking pan (I use 9x9).
- Fill cooked pasta shells with spinach mixture and place into prepared pan.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce on top of shells and place pan into oven.
- Cook for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add additional cheese if desired and serve!