In under 10 minutes, this Chicken Pesto Pasta can be ready to serve using the Instant Pot! Only 7 ingredients needed, this is one simple meal to make!
As you can tell simply from scrolling through my blog, I LOVE my Instant Pot! Sure, I was skeptical when the hype first started, but after one use….I am pro Instant Pot all the way! I have made so many different main dishes, side dishes, desserts, and more in a fraction of the time! Plus, I truly believe the Instant Pot enhances the flavor of dishes due to how its cooked! Life changing, I promise!
Tender pasta, diced chicken, and tomatoes combined with a flavorful pesto sauce!
A few weeks back, I was having one of those days where I was scatter brained. You know the kind where you think you did something you didn’t, you put something in one place only to realize its somewhere else, or heck, the bag of chips ends up in the fridge instead of pantry. Hopefully I am not the only one that has those type of days, haha!
Well, I thought I had taken beef out to thaw for burgers. Come mid afternoon, I realized that wasn’t the case, I had merely moved the beef from my outside freezer to my inside freezer, lol! When I realized this, I immediately racked by brain for alternative dinner ideas since I didn’t want to mess around with trying to thaw the beef quickly. I found some chicken I had bought the previous day and luckily, I had put it in my refrigerator to stay chilled until I used it a few days later. After rummaging through my pantry, I also found some jarred Pesto. Using the two, I changed the meal plan from hamburgers on the grill, to chicken pesto pasta!
I had this meal ready to serve in under 10 minutes! Impressive, right?! That allowed me plenty of time to help the kids with homework, pack lunches for the next day, and put my pj’s on earlier, enjoying a glass of wine!
I’m telling you, the Instant Pot is a game changer! Gone are the days of stressing over dinner!
Do you have an Instant Pot? If so, check out these other favorites:
If you love Pesto, chicken, and pasta…..or just a simple, tasty meal….you’ll love this!
*Be sure to sign up for my newsletter below! Simply add your email address and you’ll receive my latest recipes sent directly to your inbox. Plus, I do monthly prize giveaways for my subscribers only! Last month was an Instant Pot, coming up is a slow cooker!
Instant Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta comes together in no time and is packed with flavor! Print the recipe below and give it a try!
Instant Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless/skinless, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 cup Pesto (I used jarred, but you can use homemade if preferred)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
- Set Instant Pot to saute. Add butter.
- Season meat with Italian seasoning and add to the pot.
- Saute until sides start to turn golden brown.
- Add in the uncooked pasta and chicken broth.
- Place cover on Instant Pot and ensure valve is in sealing position.
- Turn off saute feature and set to manual, high pressure, 4 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick release.
- Remove lid and add in the Pesto and tomatoes.
- Stir to full incorporate and serve with Parmesan cheese on top!