This flavorful Instant Pot dish is a take on the classic Chicken Parmesan, only made in a fraction of the time! With dinner ready in under fifteen minutes, why not add this to your meal plan for those busy nights?!
Ever since I have entered the Instant Pot world, my life has changed. Okay, perhaps that is a bit dramatic, but my “cooking life” sure has improved. I am no longer running through take out on those busy extra curricular activity evenings because my Instant Pot can have a homemade dinner on the table in no time. So far, we have ditched the rice cooker, mashed potatoes no longer take almost 45 minutes, we have ditched the boxed macaroni and cheese since my go to recipe is ready in 5 minutes, etc. Like I said, game changer for sure! Be sure to click here to see all my other Instant Pot recipes!
One of my most favorite Italian dishes is Chicken Parmesan. Any and every Italian restaurant we go to, I always order it! Something about the tender chicken, breadcrumbs, pasta, and sauce combined that always makes my mouth water!
Last week, I was pressed for time because my kids came home with a lot more homework than usual. I was helping one kid with science, one kid with math (oh boy), and one kid with reading….so needless to say, I was stretched thin. Add in having to get dinner on the table, time wasn’t something I had a lot of.
Since I had taken some chicken out earlier in the day, I decided to combine a few on hand ingredients and let the Instant Pot do the work for me. While this was cooking, I was able to help the kids finish their homework, make a few side dishes to go with it, and manage to have dinner on table on time when my hubby walked in the door. Even he was impressed since typically I ask him to help me in some capacity, haha!
The flavors in this meal were just like you would expect from the classic dish! My favorite part is the breadcrumbs because they add just the right touch to complete this perfectly! And for those of you that love budget friendly meals (who doesn’t, right?!), this meal comes in just under about $10 and serves 6! Impressive, right?!
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp basil
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth (or water)
- 2 cups noodles (I used rotini)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Put Instant Pot on saute mode and add olive oil.
- Once heated, add chicken and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the onion and garlic, cooking an additional 3 minutes.
- Add in the salt, Basil, spaghetti sauce, broth (or water if using), and noodles.
- Turn off saute mode and place lid securely on top, making sure the valve is on seal.
- Push manual, high pressure, for 10 minutes.
- Do a quick release once finished.
- Stir in 2/3 cup of the Parmesan cheese making sure to stir it in until melted.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, breadcrumbs, and remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Serve chicken mixture in bowls and sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture evenly on top of each bowl.