Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken is a simple, flavorful dish that combines chicken, spinach, garlic, and Parmesan in a creamy sauce!
Fun fact, last year on Amazon Prime day, over 300,000 Instant Pot’s were sold! Crazy, right? I admit, I was one of the 300,000 and since then, I have even added an additional one my collection. Did you purchase one that day too?? I can’t remember the price I paid, but at the time, I remember it was quite the deal!
In fact, I fell in love with mine so much, that I even bought one for my mom for Christmas. She had heard me raving about mine for months and was still on the fence. I gave her the push by purchasing one for her and since then, she uses it weekly! She sends her favorite recipes my way to add to the blog, so check out the collection we’ve built here, https://thecookinchicks.com/tag/instant-pot/
A few nights ago, she made this recipe for my dad and her. She had told me her plans to make it earlier in the day, so when I received a few pics via text that evening, I knew it had been a hit. She served hers over pasta with some buttered bread on the side, making it a full meal! If you prefer, you can serve this on its own, or even over mashed potatoes!
The leftovers reheat perfectly, so you can even change it up and serve one night over pasta, the next night on its own!
Enjoy this Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken and don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter below! All my newest recipes will be sent directly to your inbox and you’ll be automatically entered in my monthly, subscribers only prize giveaways!
Instant Pot (the one I have and love): https://amzn.to/2EVbDUb
What Instant Pot meals are your favorites? I don’t know what I did before owning mine because it sure is a time saver in the kitchen! Things from soups, chili’s, cheesecakes, main meals, and more have become quick and easy, in a fraction of the time!
Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 6 oz spinach, chopped
- Turn the sauté function on your Instant Pot. Once it reads HOT, add in the butter.
- Once butter is melted, add in the onion and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Stir in the chicken broth, garlic powder, pepper, salt, and mushrooms, bouillon cubes, and chicken.
- Turn off the sauté function and place lid securely on top. Ensure the valve is in sealing position.
- Cook manual, high pressure, for 6 minutes, followed by a natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- Once time is up, do a quick release to remove any additional pressure.
- Once pin has dropped, remove lid carefully.
- Carefully remove the chicken to a plate and cover/set aside.
- Turn the Instant Pot back to saute function.
- Warm the half and half in the microwave for 45 seconds.
- Whisk the flour into the warmed half and half until smooth and combined.
- Whisk the mixture into the Instant Pot as this will help thicken the sauce.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese and spinach, seasoning with additional salt/pepper if desired.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and serve chicken with sauce either over pasta, mashed potatoes, or on its own! Enjoy!