Bruschetta Chicken Pasta is an easy weeknight dinner full of fresh tomatoes and basil, pasta, balsamic vinegar and topped with seasoned chicken.
I don’t know about you, but I love pasta dishes! So many varieties and ways to change up flavors!
Last week, I decided to combine Bruschetta, seasoned chicken, and pasta! It tasted incredible! This dish has tons of flavor and my entire family, kids included, cleared our plates in no time!
The Bruschetta was able to marinate for about 20 minutes while I was preparing the other ingredients, and therefore, it really enhanced the flavor!
I sprinkled some fresh Parmesan cheese on top at the end and it finished this dish off perfectly! Even grated works if that’s all you have on hand! Yes, I am referring to the green can, no judging here!
Serve this pasta with some garlic bread and a salad, or perhaps some fresh fruit. My kids aren’t big into salad, so I opted for some dinner rolls only!
The best part, they were too busy shoveling the pasta in their mouths, they didn’t even realize they were eating tomatoes, haha! Now, I think it was also because we were all having a late dinner and starving, but, nonetheless, I call that a win!
As for the serving amount this recipe makes, the five of us were able to enjoy this and still have enough for 2 lunches the following day. It reheated perfectly, so we thoroughly enjoyed our leftovers!
If you’re looking for a light, simple, and tasty pasta dinner to try, look no further because this one is a hit!
Keep me posted if you try this Bruschetta Chicken Pasta and if you’re a gardener, this is a great way to use up some fresh tomatoes when they are in season! Yum!!
Herb Cutting Scissors: https://amzn.to/31TjiwA
Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 12 oz spaghetti pasta
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- 1 tbsp Balsamic glaze (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Place bowl in the refrigerator to marinate while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Cook the pasta until al dente (or according to package directions).
- While pasta is cooking, heat up 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet (medium heat).
- Once oil is heated, add in the diced chicken and season with Italian seasoning (add salt/pepper to taste, if desired).
- Once chicken is cooked through, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp olive oil to skillet and add in the Bruschetta mixture.
- Cook for about 1 minute, or until heated through.
- Drain the cooked pasta and combine the cooked chicken, Bruschetta mixture, and pasta, tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top as well as Balsamic glaze (if using).
- Serve immediately!