Lemon Ricotta Pasta– simple, fresh ingredients, delicious flavor, and minimal effort! The perfect meal for busy nights!
Last week, I went through my fridge and found a container of Ricotta. It had been on sale at my grocery store, and my original plan was to make lasagna. That day however, I wasn’t in the mood for something so “heavy” and opted to make this pasta dish instead.
The lemon is so flavorful in this dish and my family loved it. I decided to add a bit of cooked chicken to mine, but you can omit that if wanting to keep this vegetarian. The creaminess of the cheese, lemon zest, and spinach, really come together to create a meal that everyone will enjoy!!
Be sure to add this to your meal plan if you are pasta fans like my family!!
Why this Lemon Ricotta Pasta is the BEST
*Incredibly fast to prepare
*Light and refreshing, making it perfect for warm summer evenings or when you don’t want a heavy meal
*A one pan, full meal that includes meat, veggies, and pasta!
*Can be enjoyed as a lunch OR dinner option! Plus, leftovers are just as tasty as when it was just made!
Pasta- I use Linguine or Fettucine
Ricotta Cheese- if you don’t like Ricotta, Cottage Cheese works too
Lemon Juice- fresh is best
Lemon Zest- fresh is best
Red Pepper Flakes- adds just a slight kick
Bell Pepper- any color desired, chopped
Spinach- fresh is best, but if using frozen, be sure to thaw and drain
Chicken- cooked and shredded/diced, can be omitted if you want a vegetarian meal option
How to prepare this easy Lemon Ricotta Pasta
Add in the garlic and bell pepper and sauté for about 3-4 minutes.
Add in the cooked pasta, Ricotta cheese mixture, and about 3/4 cup of reserved pasta water.
Stir until all is incorporated.
Add spinach and cooked chicken (if using) and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Check out these other great lemon recipes
Lemon Ricotta Pasta
- 12 oz linguine or fettucine pasta, cooked
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh is best
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced (any color works)
- 2 cups spinach, fresh is best
- 1 cup diced, cooked chicken (optional)
- Cook pasta according to directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water to use later.
- In a small bowl, combine the Ricotta cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt/pepper, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic and bell pepper and sauté for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the cooked pasta, Ricotta cheese mixture, and about 3/4 cup of reserved pasta water.
- Stir until all is incorporated.
- Add spinach and cooked chicken (if using), and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.